Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > First customers now on 21CN network

First customers now on 21CN network

Polly

On Thu, 30 Nov 2006 16:20:27 -0000, Sunil Sood postulated:

>lol - I'm afraid not.. though I am wondering where Peter Morgan has got to..

It looks like Peter Morgan died:
http://www.morganwest.net/tribute.html

Richard Oliver

Polly wrote:
> On Thu, 30 Nov 2006 16:20:27 -0000, Sunil Sood postulated:
>
>> lol - I'm afraid not.. though I am wondering where Peter Morgan has got to..

> It looks like Peter Morgan died:
> http://www.morganwest.net/tribute.html

Different Peter surely?

Sunil Sood

"Copy Right" <"=?x-user-defined?Q? @ ?="> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Instead of copying the lot off the website why not just post the link
> and a few words of what it's about - surely that's enough?

Its a judgement call on how important/interesting or historic I think an
item is - and the introduction of BT's new 21CN network ranks high up there
for me.

Regards
Sunil

Bill

On Wed, 6 Dec 2006 Sunil Sood wrote:

>"Copy Right" <"=?x-user-defined?Q? @ ?="> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> Instead of copying the lot off the website why not just post the link
>> and a few words of what it's about - surely that's enough?

>Its a judgement call on how important/interesting or historic I think an
>item is - and the introduction of BT's new 21CN network ranks high up there
>for me.

Indeed, you can argue that this and other news items which you kindly
retrieve for us may be worth preserving in an archive. Have you
thought of putting this archive up on a website so that people can
easily browse it? Yes, I'm aware that in theory the information is
available on Google Groups but that's hardly a terribly convenient way
of finding and viewing the information. In any case why rely on a
third party who might one day decide to wipe the information?

Richard Oliver

Bill wrote:

> Yes, I'm aware that in theory the information is
> available on Google Groups but that's hardly a terribly convenient way
> of finding and viewing the information. In any case why rely on a
> third party who might one day decide to wipe the information?

Or edit it - can't we see a time when Google's owners might be tempted
to edit any inconvenient postings?

Colum Mylod

On Wed, 6 Dec 2006 04:08:32 -0000, "Sunil Sood"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"Copy Right" <"=?x-user-defined?Q? @ ?="> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> Instead of copying the lot off the website why not just post the link
>> and a few words of what it's about - surely that's enough?

>Its a judgement call on how important/interesting or historic I think an
>item is - and the introduction of BT's new 21CN network ranks high up there
>for me.

Keep it up, Sunil. Usenet is not the web: some of us use offline
readers, your stuff is well worth a direct read. In time Usenet risks
a decline into a history of broken URLs...

--
Old anti-spam address cmylod at despammed dot com appears broke
So back to cmylod at bigfoot dot com