Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > PAP2 problem

PAP2 problem

The s-Bray

Today, I powered down my PAP2 so that I could move the unit. Unfortulately,
when it was powered back on, it refuses to connect to my router (Belkin). No
matter what I do, I can't get it to see the network. The power led flickers
red for a split second the turns blue. Any advice?

Jono

The s-Bray formulated the question :
> Today, I powered down my PAP2 so that I could move the unit. Unfortulately,
> when it was powered back on, it refuses to connect to my router (Belkin). No
> matter what I do, I can't get it to see the network. The power led flickers
> red for a split second the turns blue. Any advice?

Does dialling **** on the connected phone, followed by 110# yield the
unit's IP address? Is it as expected?

{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Thus spaketh The s-Bray:
> Today, I powered down my PAP2 so that I could move the unit.
> Unfortulately, when it was powered back on, it refuses to connect to
> my router (Belkin). No matter what I do, I can't get it to see the
> network. The power led flickers red for a split second the turns
> blue. Any advice?

I had the same when the Ethernet cable from the PAP2 to the router
wasn't quite sitting fully home, when I moved mine.

--
Mobile Offers: www.southeastbirmingham.co.uk/payg
Items for sale: www.dodgy-dealer.co.uk

The s-Bray

news:werah.7545$(E-Mail Removed) k...
> Thus spaketh The s-Bray:
>> Today, I powered down my PAP2 so that I could move the unit.
>> Unfortulately, when it was powered back on, it refuses to connect to
>> my router (Belkin). No matter what I do, I can't get it to see the
>> network. The power led flickers red for a split second the turns
>> blue. Any advice?

> I had the same when the Ethernet cable from the PAP2 to the router wasn't
> quite sitting fully home, when I moved mine.
>

> --
> Mobile Offers: www.southeastbirmingham.co.uk/payg
> Items for sale: www.dodgy-dealer.co.uk

Tried several different cables, but no link. Looking at some of the forums
suggest that it's turned into a door stop.

Paul

The s-Bray wrote:
> "{{{{{Welcome}}}}}" <bhx___spam@trapped___hotmail.co.uk> wrote in message
> news:werah.7545$(E-Mail Removed) k...
>> Thus spaketh The s-Bray:
>>> Today, I powered down my PAP2 so that I could move the unit.
>>> Unfortulately, when it was powered back on, it refuses to connect to
>>> my router (Belkin). No matter what I do, I can't get it to see the
>>> network. The power led flickers red for a split second the turns
>>> blue. Any advice?

>> I had the same when the Ethernet cable from the PAP2 to the router wasn't
>> quite sitting fully home, when I moved mine.
>>

>> --
>> Mobile Offers: www.southeastbirmingham.co.uk/payg
>> Items for sale: www.dodgy-dealer.co.uk

> Tried several different cables, but no link. Looking at some of the forums
> suggest that it's turned into a door stop.

Did you try connecting a phone to it and dialling ****?

If that works, then dial 73738# followed by 1# when told to. That will
factory reset the unit (73738 spells out "reset").

Now give it a try. Also it the DHCP server on your router working OK?
Can you plug other devices in and get an IP address assigned to them?

cheers,
Paul.

Scope

Paul wrote:
> Did you try connecting a phone to it and dialling ****?
>
> If that works, then dial 73738# followed by 1# when told to. That will
> factory reset the unit (73738 spells out "reset").
>
> Now give it a try. Also it the DHCP server on your router working OK?
> Can you plug other devices in and get an IP address assigned to them?

Dont do this if your PAP2 is one of those hacked units. If you do it
will lock itself again.

Mr Woo

On Mon, 27 Nov 2006 20:05:21 GMT, "The s-Bray" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Tried several different cables, but no link. Looking at some of the forums
>suggest that it's turned into a door stop.

I have just had exactly the same problem with one of my PAP2's. I
bought it from Comet some months ago and unlocked it from Vonage. I
bought two at the time and this one always seemed a little bit more
sluggish to log on than the other.

Finally, it exhibits the same effect as yours. I even tried reflashing
it with a slightly later version of the firmware but it still won't
talk to the router or connect. Plugging in a phone and dialling ****
followed by the appropriate code gives the correct IP and all the
other parameters are fine.

I guess it is a hardware failure as my other PAP2 with the same
firmware is working fine.

Misery loves company!

Mr W.

The s-Bray

"Mr Woo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) idual.de...
> On Mon, 27 Nov 2006 20:05:21 GMT, "The s-Bray" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
>>Tried several different cables, but no link. Looking at some of the forums
>>suggest that it's turned into a door stop.

> I have just had exactly the same problem with one of my PAP2's. I
> bought it from Comet some months ago and unlocked it from Vonage. I
> bought two at the time and this one always seemed a little bit more
> sluggish to log on than the other.
>
> Finally, it exhibits the same effect as yours. I even tried reflashing
> it with a slightly later version of the firmware but it still won't
> talk to the router or connect. Plugging in a phone and dialling ****
> followed by the appropriate code gives the correct IP and all the
> other parameters are fine.
>
> I guess it is a hardware failure as my other PAP2 with the same
> firmware is working fine.
>
> Misery loves company!
>

> Mr W.

Found out what was wrong with my PAP2. It seems as though there were 2 dry
solder joints on the board. After resoldering the connections, I now have a
working PAP2.

Thanks guys for your advice

Mr Woo

On Fri, 01 Dec 2006 21:52:04 GMT, "The s-Bray" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Found out what was wrong with my PAP2. It seems as though there were 2 dry
>solder joints on the board. After resoldering the connections, I now have a
>working PAP2.

Thanks for the info on this. I'll dig mine out again and get my
soldering iron to business.

Ta!!

W.

anilpoks anilpoks is offline
Junior Member

having same problem , which place of dry solder?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Woo

Unlocking linksys PAP2 Shaker VOIP 7 05-23-2010 01:37 PM
strange PAP2 problem mark kelly UK VOIP 2 04-30-2006 10:51 AM
Linksys PAP2 locked to Vonage, support people funny Kyler Laird VOIP 55 03-25-2005 08:05 AM
Linksys PAP2 hack? Ghazan Haider VOIP 5 03-18-2005 08:02 AM
PAP2 disconnect DSL Modem imatrljan VOIP 0 03-12-2005 08:03 AM

Advertisments