Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > Best Cheap ATA (and / or ATA comparison come listing website - with price[s]!)

Best Cheap ATA (and / or ATA comparison come listing website - with price[s]!)

Tim

Jono wrote:

> Hmm. Tim from Provu?

yes.

Tim from ProVu.

(I admit it)

Jono

Tim explained :
> Jono wrote:
>>
>> Hmm. Tim from Provu?

> yes.
>
> Tim from ProVu.
>
> (I admit it)

Hello Tim.

How about a uk.telecom.voip discount, then?

Mike Sun

As "cheap" was mentioned, consider the chinese ATAs which are starting to
appear e.g. www.tigernetcom.com

These sell on ebay e.g. http://stores.ebay.co.uk/DIGIDAVE-BROADBAND-STORE

I bought 2 of these at around 10 each (auction style) and they perform well
even if they do not meet all the requested requirements.

The Gateway 102 seem very similar to the Grandstream HandyTone-448 when
comaring the user manuals of the units.

Cheers from Mike

Bargepole

On Mon, 27 Nov 2006 23:49:41 GMT, Mike Sun wrote:

>These sell on ebay ...

I wouldn't touch them ...

Paul

Jono wrote:
> Tim explained :
>> Jono wrote:
>>>
>>> Hmm. Tim from Provu?

>> yes.
>>
>> Tim from ProVu.
>>
>> (I admit it)

> Hello Tim.
>
> How about a uk.telecom.voip discount, then?

Well, if you use the online order form:

https://secure.provu.co.uk/order/index.pl

Then you get free UK delivery and free RJ-11 adaptors as necessary, ones
with ring capacitors.

cheers,
Paul.

Mike Sun

"Bargepole" <"=?x-user-defined?Q? @ ?="> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Mon, 27 Nov 2006 23:49:41 GMT, Mike Sun wrote:
>
>>These sell on ebay ...

> I wouldn't touch them ...

erm - please elaborate?

Jono

news:456c0474$0$625$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Jono wrote:
>> Tim explained :

>>> yes.
>>>
>>> Tim from ProVu.
>>>
>>> (I admit it)

>> Hello Tim.
>>
>> How about a uk.telecom.voip discount, then?
>>

> Well, if you use the online order form:
>
> https://secure.provu.co.uk/order/index.pl
>
> Then you get free UK delivery and free RJ-11 adaptors as necessary, ones
> with ring capacitors.

I'd normally collect, anyway........anything else enticing?

News Reader

"Mike Sun" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:1lUah.8164$(E-Mail Removed) k...
> "Bargepole" <"=?x-user-defined?Q? @ ?="> wrote in message
> news(E-Mail Removed)...
> > On Mon, 27 Nov 2006 23:49:41 GMT, Mike Sun wrote:
> >
> >>These sell on ebay ...

> > I wouldn't touch them ...

> erm - please elaborate?

Hi,

I happened across these scanning eBay recently as well.

Summarily, they seem remarkably good - on their own merits - as well as
being satisfyingly cheap.

Thanks for the input.

I think one of the eBay retailers links to
http://support.digidave.co.uk/index....s&_m=get&_i=64 which is a
usermanual and the underlying site provides some insight (as well as retail
comparison prices - and quite clearly one can get quite a discount by buying
from them through eBay as opposed to directly).

Best wishes,

News Reader

.... I may well indeed go for one of these... or perhaps a "subsidised" MG3
.... which it appears may not actually be "so" locked down...

Bob_Cat

I recently bought a Tigernet "Gateway 102" from Digidave and I have to
say I am really impressed. As a no-frills ATA with lifeline it is
excellent. It doesn't have FXO (? out-bound) but it does have lifeline
and you can select to bypass VoIP through dialing. It cost me about
30 and I love it, it can't select to use multiple SIP accounts, but
it is unlocked. Its cheap and it works!

Bob