Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > Almost at an end with VOIP

Almost at an end with VOIP

Herman

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> "news" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)
>> In message <(E-Mail Removed)>, Ivor
>> Jones <(E-Mail Removed)> writes
>> >
>> > So why don't I have a problem..?

>> Because, unlike the OP, you rarely make PSTN calls?

> I make plenty of SIP to SIP calls though, and even on the PSTN calls I
> make I still don't get a problem.
>
> Ivor

Sorry, although I have stuck with Sipgate for the free incoming number, I
have also found that the conversation gets chopped up, which it doesn't
using the same ATA with other providers. I am happy to stick with them, but
I cannot say that I will be using them as a primary line. Of course the
nature of IP means that the failure *could* be absolutely nothing to do with
them, but for me it clearly doesn't work (even with a Fritz!Box, Ivor). On
the positive side, you can "try before you buy", so you can see whether it
works for you before committing.

BC

Harry Stottle wrote:

> I also get the problem of missing parts of the conversation with Sipgate
> calls.

Same here using Sipgate on a Grandstream 486.

Ian Smith

> And with good reason they are a washout and a total one at that, which
> other provider is mentioned most regarding faults and bad service here
> ? it isn't a hard quiestion out of the whole lot of em there is only
> one which takes top marks .

Again, some of us are using Sipgate and having no issues whatsoever.

I'm a satisfied user.

regards, Ian