Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > HOw do you call a Betamax VOIP with SIP hardware

HOw do you call a Betamax VOIP with SIP hardware

Scope

Ivor Jones wrote:
> "Scope" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:vDC9h.19316$(E-Mail Removed)
>>> So how do I find out the Ip address thingymebobb?? I'm
>>> using voipcheap.com my username is bananapineapple give
>>> me a call if you can

>> Plus most people have dynamic IP addresses that can
>> change every day..

> www.dyndns.org
>
> Ivor

Im running something similar, but most people will NOT be bothered or
interested in setting this up - hence IP calling is pretty useless.

ŽStephen Hammond

This the product I have http://www.atcom.cn/En_products_AG188.html (manual
is there )someone called me using http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) but I'm
not sure of where or if I can enter this in my device ??
Not that I want to call myself just other people on the same network

Stephen

Brian

On 2006-11-24, ŽStephen Hammond <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

[The lack of context in your post isn't helpful.]

> This the product I have http://www.atcom.cn/En_products_AG188.html (manual
> is there )someone called me using (E-Mail Removed) but I'm
> not sure of where or if I can enter this in my device ??
> Not that I want to call myself just other people on the same network

Try the 'How to use a dial rule?' section. Study the diagram. The third
line deserves a good look.

You want to phone username@domain. The domain is put in 'Destination'.
The username is put in 'Alias'. Not tested and there is probably a bit
more to do.

Brian.

Rob

"ŽStephen Hammond" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:ek746s$pj4$1$(E-Mail Removed)...
> This the product I have http://www.atcom.cn/En_products_AG188.html (manual
> is there )someone called me using (E-Mail Removed) but

I'm
> not sure of where or if I can enter this in my device ??
> Not that I want to call myself just other people on the same network

It was me who called you (I actually used
(E-Mail Removed) ) but as I said when I phoned you, I think
the BetaMax sip servers are interchangeable.

I don't think you need to enter those details into your ATA for someone to
call you. They should be able to call you (SIP call) by entering your
details into _their_ device, ie into their device providing your
device/account is registered OK, which it appears to be as I managed to call
you.

You will need to enter other peoples details into your device if you wish to
make SIP calls to them.

Rob

Brian A

On Fri, 24 Nov 2006 16:53:34 -0000, "Rob" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>"ŽStephen Hammond" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:ek746s$pj4$1$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> This the product I have http://www.atcom.cn/En_products_AG188.html (manual
>> is there )someone called me using (E-Mail Removed) but

>I'm
>> not sure of where or if I can enter this in my device ??
>> Not that I want to call myself just other people on the same network

>It was me who called you (I actually used
>(E-Mail Removed) ) but as I said when I phoned you, I think
>the BetaMax sip servers are interchangeable.
>
>I don't think you need to enter those details into your ATA for someone to
>call you. They should be able to call you (SIP call) by entering your
>details into _their_ device, ie into their device providing your
>device/account is registered OK, which it appears to be as I managed to call
>you.

Correct, to call just enter the sipo address you wish to call e.g.
(E-Mail Removed)

>You will need to enter other peoples details into your device if you wish to
>make SIP calls to them.

However, as was pointed out in a previous post, Betamax apprently lock
out calls that are off-net. A very bad practice I think.
As I pointed out in a previous post you can call someone on their SIP
address, such as (E-Mail Removed). To do it you could
assign it ot a speed dial. If you want to assign a number to it you
could open an account with Voxalot and forward calls, dialled to your
Voxalot number, to your sip address. Howver, if Betamax block off-net
calls then it is all pointless as it won't work.

Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

Phil Thompson

On Fri, 24 Nov 2006 13:31:04 -0000, "ŽStephen Hammond"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>So how do I find out the Ip address thingymebobb?? I'm using voipcheap.com
>my username is bananapineapple give me a call if you can

can you register it at E164.org or enum.org and tie it to another
number so that a SIP user dialling the other number picks up the SIP
address via enum lookups ?

Phil

No more cable clowns )

Brian

On 2006-11-24, Phil Thompson <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> On Fri, 24 Nov 2006 13:31:04 -0000, "ŽStephen Hammond"
><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>So how do I find out the Ip address thingymebobb?? I'm using voipcheap.com
>>my username is bananapineapple give me a call if you can

> can you register it at E164.org or enum.org and tie it to another
> number so that a SIP user dialling the other number picks up the SIP
> address via enum lookups ?

No. Enum maps a telephone number to something else; a SIP address or an
email address, for example. Whoever he wants to contact doesn't have an
incoming telephone number for the Betamax service they subscribe to.

Brian.

Phil Thompson

On Fri, 24 Nov 2006 21:52:24 +0000 (UTC), Brian <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Whoever he wants to contact doesn't have an
>incoming telephone number for the Betamax service they subscribe to.

they don't need one surely, put a valid phone number in that they have
control over and connect it with the Betamax SIP ID and an enum user
will route to the SIP ID...

"ENUM with automatic PSTN fallback. People who have a PSTN phone (or a
DID) can map that phone number to a SIP URI (for free at e164.org) --
that mapping is called ENUM. Whenever someone calls that PSTN phone
number from a SIP client or proxy that checks ENUM, the call goes to
the mapped SIP URI (rather than via PSTN) and is free."

Phil

No more cable clowns )

Brian

On 2006-11-24, Phil Thompson <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> On Fri, 24 Nov 2006 21:52:24 +0000 (UTC), Brian <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
>>Whoever he wants to contact doesn't have an
>>incoming telephone number for the Betamax service they subscribe to.

> they don't need one surely, put a valid phone number in that they have
> control over and connect it with the Betamax SIP ID and an enum user
> will route to the SIP ID...
>
> "ENUM with automatic PSTN fallback. People who have a PSTN phone (or a
> DID) can map that phone number to a SIP URI (for free at e164.org) --
> that mapping is called ENUM. Whenever someone calls that PSTN phone
> number from a SIP client or proxy that checks ENUM, the call goes to
> the mapped SIP URI (rather than via PSTN) and is free."

You're correct, any phone number would do. Pointing it to the SIP URI
won't get a connection though, as I believe Betamax don't at present
accept such requests from outside their network. The SIP URI could be
<username@IP_number>, which takes us back to posts earlier in this
thread.

The OP's best solution is to use a speed dial from a line which uses
his VoipCheap username and password.

Brian.

cevatkerim

ok my username is kerimtesttest and I have entered exactly
'kerı(E-Mail Removed)' but when I speed dial it gives a
fast busy tone.

any ideas?

p.s. I am trying to call another voipstunt user

View this thread: http://www.wirelessforums.org/showthread.php?t=11208
http://www.wirelessforums.org