Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > safecom SDSIP-5000

safecom SDSIP-5000

barrowdene@gmail.com

I have setup a safecom phone to register with trixbox, all works fine
if I do not use a password (secret) however if I add a secret it will
not register with trixbox.

Username is my ext i.e "300"
Password (secret) is the same "300"

Has anybody got any ideas ???

The Iceman

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
>I have setup a safecom phone to register with trixbox, all works fine
> if I do not use a password (secret) however if I add a secret it will
> not register with trixbox.
>
> Username is my ext i.e "300"
> Password (secret) is the same "300"
>
> Has anybody got any ideas ???

I'm using the SDSIP-3000.
I've got mine registering successfully to 2 providers.
Primary is voipcheap.com and is used for outgoing calls but has no voipin
number assigned.
Secondary is to SIPGate on which my incoming calls arrive.
Both accounts have a password and work fine.

It depends on your voip provider.
With voipcheap.com the password is the same you'd use to login at their
website.
With SIPGate the "My account" username and password is different to the SIP
username and password!

Hope this helps.

Contact your voip provider trixbox and ask what your username and password
are for SIP registration.

The Iceman

Jono

The Iceman explained on 16/11/2006 :

> Contact your voip provider trixbox and ask what your username and password
> are for SIP registration.

www.trixbox.org is not a voip provider, it's his own PABX

The Iceman

"Jono" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed). ..
> The Iceman explained on 16/11/2006 :
>

>> Contact your voip provider trixbox and ask what your username and
>> password are for SIP registration.

> www.trixbox.org is not a voip provider, it's his own PABX

D'oh!!!
What an idiot! 8^(

linker3000

> I have setup a safecom phone to register with trixbox, all works fine
> if I do not use a password (secret) however if I add a secret it will
> not register with trixbox.
>
> Username is my ext i.e "300"
> Password (secret) is the same "300"
>
> Has anybody got any ideas ???

Make sure there's a space after the ID and before the '@' sign in the
Username/Phone-No field - eg:

8201 @192.168.101.200

Also have a look at the Safecom SDIP-5000 forum:

http://adsltech.com/portal/forum/for...sp?FID=70&PN=1

We have 5 of the phones working OK with A@H and are going to Trixbox 'soon'.

HTH