Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > ATAs with FXO ports

Reply
Thread Tools

ATAs with FXO ports

 
 
ACDeag
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-04-2006
Does anyone have any recommendations for an adapter that will also pass
the CallerID from the BT network through to the handset.

I gather the 3 Grandstreams with FXO ports do not do this.

Ta


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Jono
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-04-2006
ACDeag expressed precisely :
> Does anyone have any recommendations for an adapter that will also pass the
> CallerID from the BT network through to the handset.
>
> I gather the 3 Grandstreams with FXO ports do not do this.
>
> Ta


Linksys/Sipura SPA3102


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Andrew Gabriel
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-05-2006
In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
ACDeag <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
> Does anyone have any recommendations for an adapter that will also pass
> the CallerID from the BT network through to the handset.
>
> I gather the 3 Grandstreams with FXO ports do not do this.


Sipura SPA-3000 does this out of the box, even though the
manual says it doesn't (way out of date). You can also
configure it to send the CallerID out the phone port in a
different encoding, thereby have it doing conversions.

--
Andrew Gabriel
 
Reply With Quote
 
speckled hen
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-06-2006

Andrew Gabriel wrote:
> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
> ACDeag <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
> > Does anyone have any recommendations for an adapter that will also pass
> > the CallerID from the BT network through to the handset.
> >
> > I gather the 3 Grandstreams with FXO ports do not do this.

>
> Sipura SPA-3000 does this out of the box, even though the
> manual says it doesn't (way out of date). You can also
> configure it to send the CallerID out the phone port in a
> different encoding, thereby have it doing conversions.
>
> --
> Andrew Gabriel


Same with the linksys spa2102 can configure i/c and o/g bt caller
display.
works well.

 
Reply With Quote
 
ACDeag
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-06-2006
It happens that speckled hen formulated :
> Andrew Gabriel wrote:
>> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
>> ACDeag <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
>>> Does anyone have any recommendations for an adapter that will also pass
>>> the CallerID from the BT network through to the handset.
>>>
>>> I gather the 3 Grandstreams with FXO ports do not do this.

>>
>> Sipura SPA-3000 does this out of the box, even though the
>> manual says it doesn't (way out of date). You can also
>> configure it to send the CallerID out the phone port in a
>> different encoding, thereby have it doing conversions.
>>
>> --
>> Andrew Gabriel

>
> Same with the linksys spa2102 can configure i/c and o/g bt caller
> display.
> works well.


I think the 2102 only has two FXS ports not an FXO port if I am
correct. I am looking for a unit where I can have one phone but it can
be connected to my BT line and my VOIP line.


 
Reply With Quote
 
Paul
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-06-2006
ACDeag wrote:
> It happens that speckled hen formulated :
>> Andrew Gabriel wrote:
>>> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
>>> ACDeag <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
>>>> Does anyone have any recommendations for an adapter that will also pass
>>>> the CallerID from the BT network through to the handset.
>>>>
>>>> I gather the 3 Grandstreams with FXO ports do not do this.
>>>
>>> Sipura SPA-3000 does this out of the box, even though the
>>> manual says it doesn't (way out of date). You can also
>>> configure it to send the CallerID out the phone port in a
>>> different encoding, thereby have it doing conversions.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Andrew Gabriel

>>
>> Same with the linksys spa2102 can configure i/c and o/g bt caller
>> display.
>> works well.

>
> I think the 2102 only has two FXS ports not an FXO port if I am correct.
> I am looking for a unit where I can have one phone but it can be
> connected to my BT line and my VOIP line.
>
>


I assume he meant to say "spa3102" which has now replaced the spa3000.

cheers,
Paul.
 
Reply With Quote
 
Oldie
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-06-2006
Paul wrote:
> ACDeag wrote:
> > It happens that speckled hen formulated :
> >> Andrew Gabriel wrote:
> >>> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
> >>> ACDeag <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
> >>>> Does anyone have any recommendations for an adapter that will also pass
> >>>> the CallerID from the BT network through to the handset.
> >>>>
> >>>> I gather the 3 Grandstreams with FXO ports do not do this.
> >>>
> >>> Sipura SPA-3000 does this out of the box, even though the
> >>> manual says it doesn't (way out of date). You can also
> >>> configure it to send the CallerID out the phone port in a
> >>> different encoding, thereby have it doing conversions.
> >>>
> >>> --
> >>> Andrew Gabriel
> >>
> >> Same with the linksys spa2102 can configure i/c and o/g bt caller
> >> display.
> >> works well.

> >
> > I think the 2102 only has two FXS ports not an FXO port if I am correct.
> > I am looking for a unit where I can have one phone but it can be
> > connected to my BT line and my VOIP line.
> >
> >

>
> I assume he meant to say "spa3102" which has now replaced the spa3000.
>
> cheers,
> Paul.


But be sure to upgrade to 3.2.10 as earlier firmware doesn't pass CLI.
It took me a while to discover that.

Oldie

 
Reply With Quote
 
Andrew Gabriel
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-10-2006
In article <(E-Mail Removed). com>,
"Oldie" <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
> Paul wrote:
>> ACDeag wrote:
>> > It happens that speckled hen formulated :
>> >> Andrew Gabriel wrote:
>> >>> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
>> >>> ACDeag <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
>> >>>> Does anyone have any recommendations for an adapter that will also pass
>> >>>> the CallerID from the BT network through to the handset.
>> >>>>
>> >>>> I gather the 3 Grandstreams with FXO ports do not do this.
>> >>>
>> >>> Sipura SPA-3000 does this out of the box, even though the
>> >>> manual says it doesn't (way out of date). You can also
>> >>> configure it to send the CallerID out the phone port in a
>> >>> different encoding, thereby have it doing conversions.
>> >>
>> >> Same with the linksys spa2102 can configure i/c and o/g bt caller
>> >> display.
>> >> works well.
>> >
>> > I think the 2102 only has two FXS ports not an FXO port if I am correct.
>> > I am looking for a unit where I can have one phone but it can be
>> > connected to my BT line and my VOIP line.

>>
>> I assume he meant to say "spa3102" which has now replaced the spa3000.


No I meant spa3000. It likely is the case with the spa3102,
but I don't have any of those.

> But be sure to upgrade to 3.2.10 as earlier firmware doesn't pass CLI.


Earlier ones did for me. One of mine still has 2.0.13(GWg), and
that passes BT callerid fine.

--
Andrew Gabriel
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Caller ID on gateway FXO ports not working... Scooby Cisco 5 10-04-2012 07:28 AM
4 FXS + 2 FXO ports VoIP Gateways / ATA / Adapter Rover UK VOIP 0 01-25-2008 09:21 AM
FXO to FXO connection NeoN Cisco 1 12-19-2006 04:39 AM
what does ordinary telephone ports include FXS and FXO Stephen Hammond UK VOIP 2 02-13-2006 09:03 PM
FXO ports for Asteriks... Antonio VOIP 1 06-07-2004 02:46 PM



Advertisments