Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > VoipCheap question

VoipCheap question

Stephane M

Hi,

I have setup an account with VoipCheap and works fine..

On my account, if I select 'VoipCheap software setting" I have :

Change my VoipCheap password
Change my emailaddress
Change my VoipCheap user profile
Change my callforwarding details

-> Call forwarding.... doesn't mean, that I can forward incoming phone
calls ?
If so, HOW CAN I KNOW MY PHONE NUMBER ???

(I thought that with Voipcheap, you didn't have any phone number ??)

Thnanks for your help

Graham

"Stephane M" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:ehvvqu$jju$1$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> I have setup an account with VoipCheap and works fine..
>
> On my account, if I select 'VoipCheap software setting" I have :
>
> Change my VoipCheap password
> Change my emailaddress
> Change my VoipCheap user profile
> Change my callforwarding details
>
> -> Call forwarding.... doesn't mean, that I can forward incoming phone
> calls ?
> If so, HOW CAN I KNOW MY PHONE NUMBER ???
>
> (I thought that with Voipcheap, you didn't have any phone number ??)
>
> Thnanks for your help

When I signed with voipcheap.co.uk they did give me a number
and I still keep a few pence in the account so it works for incoming calls
They stopped giving out numbers a few months ago.

My outgoing calls go via voipcheap.com
AFAIK they have never offered a number.
I haven't used the call forwarding service, but I have no reason
to believe it won't work.
--

Graham.
%Profound_observation%

The Iceman

"Graham" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:ei00kf$mdk$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Stephane M" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:ehvvqu$jju$1$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have setup an account with VoipCheap and works fine..
>>
>> On my account, if I select 'VoipCheap software setting" I have :
>>
>> Change my VoipCheap password
>> Change my emailaddress
>> Change my VoipCheap user profile
>> Change my callforwarding details
>>
>> -> Call forwarding.... doesn't mean, that I can forward incoming phone
>> calls ?
>> If so, HOW CAN I KNOW MY PHONE NUMBER ???
>>
>> (I thought that with Voipcheap, you didn't have any phone number ??)
>>
>> Thnanks for your help

> When I signed with voipcheap.co.uk they did give me a number
> and I still keep a few pence in the account so it works for incoming calls
> They stopped giving out numbers a few months ago.
>
> My outgoing calls go via voipcheap.com
> AFAIK they have never offered a number.
> I haven't used the call forwarding service, but I have no reason
> to believe it won't work.
> --
>
> Graham.
> %Profound_observation%

Yup, I've got a number too.

Regards
The Iceman

Graham

> Yup, I've got a number too.

I hope I can keep my voipcheap.co.uk number,
even though no outgoing calls are now made.

it is very memorable and begins 0161 700 from which
most people would assume (correctly) that I was in North
Manchester. The last 4 digits are also pretty memorable too.
--

Graham.
%Profound_observation%

Philippe Deleye

"Stephane M" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:ehvvqu$jju$1$(E-Mail Removed)...

> -> Call forwarding.... doesn't mean, that I can forward incoming phone
> calls ?
> If so, HOW CAN I KNOW MY PHONE NUMBER ???

This does not need a incoming phone number ...
Call forwarding just means that all incoming calls are forwarded.
In your case, as you do not have a Voip-in number, this just means that any
calls you would receive on your PC (from your contacts using Voipcheap or
any other Betamax client) will be forwarded.
Advantage is that you can continue to receive calls, even if your PC is shut
down
The inconveniance is of course, you only can receive calls from other
Betamax users