Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > Microphone too sensitive?

Microphone too sensitive?

dedMEET

I have a Skype compatible SE-P4K Speaker Phone (
http://www.scan.co.uk/Products/Produ...oductID=245125 )and I'm having
a problem with microphone over-sensitivity.

When I speak my voice is being distorted. Dragging back the microphone
slider in SkypeMate does not seem to help, and in fact I cannot keep the
slider from moving to the maximum as when I begin to talk the slider moves
slowly up to the maximum setting by itself! Has anyone experienced similar
problems with this or other Skype phones, and if so, what was your solution?

I've already been advised to check the advanced properties for 20db boost on
the audio settings (right-click loudspeaker icon, options, check 'advanced
properties', then click on the advanced properties button) however the 20db
option isn't there.

Nick

"dedMEET" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have a Skype compatible SE-P4K Speaker Phone (
> http://www.scan.co.uk/Products/Produ...oductID=245125 )and I'm

having
> a problem with microphone over-sensitivity.
>
> When I speak my voice is being distorted. Dragging back the microphone
> slider in SkypeMate does not seem to help, and in fact I cannot keep the
> slider from moving to the maximum as when I begin to talk the slider moves
> slowly up to the maximum setting by itself! Has anyone experienced

similar
> problems with this or other Skype phones, and if so, what was your

solution?

> I've already been advised to check the advanced properties for 20db boost

on
> the audio settings (right-click loudspeaker icon, options, check 'advanced
> properties', then click on the advanced properties button) however the

20db
> option isn't there.

In the Skype window, click on TOOLS, OPTIONS, SOUND DEVICES and
untick the box "Let Skype adjust my sound device settings", click on SAVE.

AC97 sound issue- worked fine now Microphone fader does not control microphone level joewo Computer Support 0 02-07-2007 02:46 AM
microphone Karen Microsoft Certification 3 08-10-2004 10:40 PM
installing a headphone microphone set Microsoft Certification 0 04-05-2004 02:46 PM
record from microphone Java 2 12-20-2003 04:54 AM
Java Web Start - Microphone access Joel Java 3 12-11-2003 04:24 AM

Advertisments