Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > Advice needed - FritzBox dialling rules

Advice needed - FritzBox dialling rules

Alan Foster

I would appreciate some help with how to set up dialling rules.

Firstly, the help window does not give format/example of number ranges -
is it sufficient to put '01' or '07' or do I have to put in wild card
characters for each digit? - if so what character?

Secondly, how do I make all outgoing calls default to a VoIP line (apart
from the emergency numbers) with fallover to fixed line if there is no
connection?

Advice welcomed.

Alan.

Ivor Jones

"Alan Foster" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
newsp.thgrhby6a48l90@office
> I would appreciate some help with how to set up dialling
> rules.
> Firstly, the help window does not give format/example of
> number ranges - is it sufficient to put '01' or '07' or
> do I have to put in wild card characters for each digit?
> - if so what character?

Hi Alan,

This is quite straightforward, you can put in a full number if you want
that number always to be routed via a specific account or the fixed line,
or you can put in just the first few digits, for example 087 is sufficient
to route all 0870/0871 calls over the fixed line or wherever, 07 will
route all mobile calls wherever you want them to go.

> Secondly, how do I make all outgoing calls default to a
> VoIP line (apart from the emergency numbers) with
> fallover to fixed line if there is no connection?

Nothing needed, if there isn't a dialling rule set up to route a number a
specific way, then it will default to the first or second account
(depending on the phone socket being used). If the power fails or if there
is no connection, the fixed line should be used automatically.

Any further questions please ask.

Ivor

Henk van Andel

"Alan Foster" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
newsp.thgrhby6a48l90@office...

> I would appreciate some help with how to set up dialling rules.
>
> Firstly, the help window does not give format/example of number ranges -
> is it sufficient to put '01' or '07' or do I have to put in wild card
> characters for each digit? - if so what character?
>
> Secondly, how do I make all outgoing calls default to a VoIP line (apart
> from the emergency numbers) with fallover to fixed line if there is no
> connection?
>
> Advice welcomed.
>
> Alan.

Ivor already correctly answered your question.
What I would like to add is some info to make calling via VoIPBuster & Co
easier with a FritzBox.

The point is that VoIPBuster & Co expects international dialling numbers.
Like 00441...... Normally you dial 01.....

I will send you some screenshots for NL. It is in German, but the English
firmware has the same pictures so I am confidemt that you can use it. May be
you can repost it in Englich based on the English firmware. The screenshots
cannot be posted in a newsgrouip, sorry.

The first part is for making the international format number from national
format numbers. The second part is for adding the area code in case you use
only the local number.

Rgds, Henk

Alan Foster

On Sun, 15 Oct 2006 15:55:57 +0100, Ivor Jones <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

> Hi Alan,

.....(message snipped for brevity)

> Any further questions please ask.
>
> Ivor

Thanks Ivor. Your knowledge and help is - as always - much appreciated.

Alan.

Philippe Deleye

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Nothing needed, if there isn't a dialling rule set up to route a number a
> specific way, then it will default to the first or second account
> (depending on the phone socket being used). If the power fails or if there
> is no connection, the fixed line should be used automatically.

small correction
* if no dialing rule:
- in case ISDN phone or PABX connected to the FritzBox: the MSN
used to dial out will decide which line will be used (PSTN or Voip account)
- in case analogue phones connected to the Box: the socket used
will decide which line will be used (depending how you did setup the default
for each of the sockets: PSTN or Voip account
* you also can setup the Box to allways use PSTN as fallback (e.g. if the
selected Voip account has no credit and the connection is refused ...)

* last but not least: dialing prefixes (*11# for fixed line, *121#, *122#
etc for Voip accounts) will allways overrule above

Philippe

Henk van Andel

My promissed message to you bounced. I can only send it if you let me know
your real email address!

Gr Henk

"Alan Foster" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
newsp.thgrhby6a48l90@office...

> I would appreciate some help with how to set up dialling rules.
>
> Firstly, the help window does not give format/example of number ranges -
> is it sufficient to put '01' or '07' or do I have to put in wild card
> characters for each digit? - if so what character?
>
> Secondly, how do I make all outgoing calls default to a VoIP line (apart
> from the emergency numbers) with fallover to fixed line if there is no
> connection?
>
> Advice welcomed.
>
> Alan.

Herman

>> What I would like to add is some info to make calling via VoIPBuster & Co
> easier with a FritzBox.
>
> The point is that VoIPBuster & Co expects international dialling numbers.
> Like 00441...... Normally you dial 01.....

I would certainly like to know how to do this. I tried specifying this on
each of the sip accounts but dialing a UK number over a Dutch provider
resulted in the FritzBox dialling 00310044.... and obviously failing

I currently format local numbers using the access code, but this is only
valid for fixed line which isn't a problem anyway, and doesn't cover
international format.

philpot philpot is offline
Junior Member

Hi, I have a question related to this thread. How do you use Number Range field on the Fritz Box in dialing rules. I always end up setting up each instance as a single rule. When you click the choice arrow on the Number Range field is simply comes up with the words Number Range and you can't overtype in this field.

Regards

Hope this question is asked in the correct place