Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > Just let a phone ring

Just let a phone ring

Markus R.

Hi,

does anyone of you know a tool which uses a sip account to just dial a
number and let it ring once? It does not have to do anything more but since
I want to start it programmatically so I cannot use a softphone.

Regards,

Markus

Brian

On 2006-10-13, Markus R. <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> does anyone of you know a tool which uses a sip account to just dial a
> number and let it ring once? It does not have to do anything more but since
> I want to start it programmatically so I cannot use a softphone.

You could investigate using a SIP testing tool. There are a number about
but sipsak might be worth looking at. Never having used it for the
purpose you have in mind I've no real idea whether it will do what you
want, but it can send SIP requests and search for strings in the