Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > Voxalot

Voxalot

{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Thus spaketh Brian A:
> On Wed, 11 Oct 2006 20:45:29 GMT, "{{{{{Welcome}}}}}"
> <bhx___spam@trapped___hotmail.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> What a pain Voxalot is.
>>
>> I added all my accounts to their add providers, and now they have
>> grabbed control of my incoming calls, yet I can't get either a
>> softphone or ATA to register with their service, so now all my
>> incoming numbers go to their service and hits a silent voicemail,
>> and I don't receive any calls.

> I might be misunderstanding something here but I don't quite get how
> Voxalot has 'grabbed control' of your incoming calls. You are aware,
> I assume, that when you set up a provider you have the option for it
> to register or not with Voxalot. If you set to register it will act
> like an ATA and keep registered with the VSP. If you set it not to
> register you can just use it as you wish, ad hoc, for outgoing calls.
> Perhaps you should check this setting.
> Further, you can set up Voxalot to divert incoming calls to any SIP
> address of your choice. Given these options, aside from the
> possiblity of registering your ATA with Voxalot, it is difficult for
> me to see why you are getting this problem.
>
> Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
> Skype Free Zone!!

It's all sorted now, I wanted all my incoming numbers on Voxalot so I
could have one setting on my ATA and receive calls from any number yet
ring just my one phone line, save having 20 ATAs with 2 accounts on each
sort of thing, if as you say you don't let it register then I ain't
going to be getting any incoming calls, this was the idea of the system
for me, have all my incoming numbers coming through one line of my ATA.

I have changed the DNS setting of my ATA, as no where on Voxalot was
this mentioned and there are many people on there with the same problem
and have not been answered this, and my ATA was able to connect to the
Voxalot service and my incoming were then getting through.

But the biggest problem now is the awful thing called Voicemail, at the
moment if you don't answer the call within 35 seconds Voxalot's
voicemail kicks in, people hate having to pay to find out I'm not in or
not quick enough to answer the call, so I don't use Voicemail other than
a number just for voicemail.

My out going calls would simply go via VoIP Stunt or Sipgate as they
currently do, that was the import side for me, it was getting all my
incomming numbers together on one line that was important, that does now
seems to work, but it's still an unworkable solution at the moment
because of that nasty thing a forced voicemail.

At least last night Voxalot was able to de-register my SIP accounts and
I now have control over incoming calls again.

What would be the point of not registering the accounts when you can't
then receive calls on them, this is the whole purpose for me.

Items for sale: www.dodgy-dealer.co.uk

Ivor Jones

"{{{{{Welcome}}}}}" <bhx___spam@trapped___hotmail.co.uk>
wrote in message
news:TJqXg.33906$(E-Mail Removed) .uk

[snip]

> It's all sorted now, I wanted all my incoming numbers on
> Voxalot so I could have one setting on my ATA and receive
> calls from any number yet ring just my one phone line,
> save having 20 ATAs with 2 accounts on each sort of
> thing, if as you say you don't let it register then I
> ain't going to be getting any incoming calls, this was
> the idea of the system for me, have all my incoming
> numbers coming through one line of my ATA.

Hmm, I understand this, but what happens if you're on one line and another
rings..?

Ivor

{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Thus spaketh Ivor Jones:
> "{{{{{Welcome}}}}}" <bhx___spam@trapped___hotmail.co.uk>
> wrote in message
> news:TJqXg.33906$(E-Mail Removed) .uk
>
> [snip]
>
>> It's all sorted now, I wanted all my incoming numbers on
>> Voxalot so I could have one setting on my ATA and receive
>> calls from any number yet ring just my one phone line,
>> save having 20 ATAs with 2 accounts on each sort of
>> thing, if as you say you don't let it register then I
>> ain't going to be getting any incoming calls, this was
>> the idea of the system for me, have all my incoming
>> numbers coming through one line of my ATA.

> Hmm, I understand this, but what happens if you're on one line and
> another rings..?
>

> Ivor

It continues to ring until I answer, with call waiting and CWID I can
see who is calling.

Tim

{{{{{Welcome}}}}} wrote:

> Don't know how long it's going to take for them to release control over
> my numbers, I'm having to register a new number with Sipgate just so
> people can contact me!

Why don't you change your passwords?

Then voxalot shouldn't be able to reregister.

Tim

{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Thus spaketh Tim:
> {{{{{Welcome}}}}} wrote:
>
>> Don't know how long it's going to take for them to release control
>> over my numbers, I'm having to register a new number with Sipgate
>> just so people can contact me!

> Why don't you change your passwords?
>
> Then voxalot shouldn't be able to reregister.
>
> Tim

The SIP Password is set by Sipgate, I was unable to change it.

The problem was sorted out last night anyway, Voxalot de-registered all
my SIP accounts on their system.

Brian

On 2006-10-12, {{{{{Welcome}}}}} <bhx___spam@trapped___hotmail.co.uk> wrote:

> I have changed the DNS setting of my ATA, as no where on Voxalot was
> this mentioned and there are many people on there with the same problem
> and have not been answered this, and my ATA was able to connect to the
> Voxalot service and my incoming were then getting through.

What alteration to your DNS was necessary? Registration would require
discovering the IP number of voxalot.com and this presumably wasn't
happening.

Brian.

Jono

Brian pretended :
> On 2006-10-12, {{{{{Welcome}}}}} <bhx___spam@trapped___hotmail.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> I have changed the DNS setting of my ATA, as no where on Voxalot was
>> this mentioned and there are many people on there with the same problem
>> and have not been answered this, and my ATA was able to connect to the
>> Voxalot service and my incoming were then getting through.

> What alteration to your DNS was necessary? Registration would require
> discovering the IP number of voxalot.com and this presumably wasn't
> happening.
>
> Brian.

Well, I had to put my ISP's DNS server addresses in my SPA in order to
get Voxalot to function.

I seem to have had to do this as I had turned DHCP off (it's got a
static internal IP address)

{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Thus spaketh Brian:
> On 2006-10-12, {{{{{Welcome}}}}} <bhx___spam@trapped___hotmail.co.uk>
> wrote:
>
>> I have changed the DNS setting of my ATA, as no where on Voxalot was
>> this mentioned and there are many people on there with the same
>> problem and have not been answered this, and my ATA was able to
>> connect to the Voxalot service and my incoming were then getting
>> through.

> What alteration to your DNS was necessary? Registration would require
> discovering the IP number of voxalot.com and this presumably wasn't
> happening.
>
> Brian.

On my PAP2, I changed DNS Server Order: from "Manual" to "DHCP, Manual".

I had previously tried entering their IP address in the appropriate
place as some had tried, though that didn't work.

On 2006-10-12, Jono <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Brian pretended :
>> On 2006-10-12, {{{{{Welcome}}}}} <bhx___spam@trapped___hotmail.co.uk> wrote:
>>
>>> I have changed the DNS setting of my ATA, as no where on Voxalot was
>>> this mentioned and there are many people on there with the same problem
>>> and have not been answered this, and my ATA was able to connect to the
>>> Voxalot service and my incoming were then getting through.

>> What alteration to your DNS was necessary? Registration would require
>> discovering the IP number of voxalot.com and this presumably wasn't
>> happening.
>>
>> Brian.

> Well, I had to put my ISP's DNS server addresses in my SPA in order to
> get Voxalot to function.

I've always done either that or used a nameserver running on my network.
These days I stick with my ISP's DNS in case the machine running my own
DNS is offline. But that's with all providers, not just Voxalot.

> I seem to have had to do this as I had turned DHCP off (it's got a
> static internal IP address)

This is what I don't understand, possibly because DHCP is something I am
not familiar with. I suppose I should read up on it but if DHCP is used
which nameservers does it use?

Brian.

Brian

On 2006-10-12, {{{{{Welcome}}}}} <bhx___spam@trapped___hotmail.co.uk> wrote:

> Thus spaketh Brian:
>> On 2006-10-12, {{{{{Welcome}}}}} <bhx___spam@trapped___hotmail.co.uk>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> I have changed the DNS setting of my ATA, as no where on Voxalot was
>>> this mentioned and there are many people on there with the same
>>> problem and have not been answered this, and my ATA was able to
>>> connect to the Voxalot service and my incoming were then getting
>>> through.

>> What alteration to your DNS was necessary? Registration would require
>> discovering the IP number of voxalot.com and this presumably wasn't
>> happening.
>>
>> Brian.

> On my PAP2, I changed DNS Server Order: from "Manual" to "DHCP, Manual".
>
> I had previously tried entering their IP address in the appropriate
> place as some had tried, though that didn't work.

Thanks. I can't claim to know what is going on here but I can understand
your frustration at not being able to register with one particular
service. If it is of interest, I have no trouble registering with
Voxalot using DNS Server Order: set to 'Manual', the IPs for my ISP's
DNS and a Static IP: on my network.

Brian.

Voxalot issues Herman UK VOIP 2 06-08-2007 06:25 PM
Anyone having problems with Voxalot? Graham UK VOIP 2 05-20-2007 11:28 PM
voxalot.com and Betamax Graham UK VOIP 2 04-09-2007 06:27 PM
Voxalot Yaz VOIP 1 01-17-2007 11:47 PM
Difference between Voxalot and SIPBroker? benn686@hotmail.com UK VOIP 3 09-06-2006 08:59 AM

Advertisments