Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Distinguish vty sessions on routers.

Distinguish vty sessions on routers.

AM

Hi all,

I would implement authentication for vty session by radius server. The requests for the authentication will travel over
an encrypted tunnel. Moreover I would have the possibility to enter the router even if the tunnel will go down.
The scenario is the following:
- all authentications will pass through radius server (and the tunnel) but if the tunnel goes down (i.e. the radius
server is not reachable)
- authenticate users against local list (i.e. "login local").

Can authentication method order be specified?
Hope my question is clear.
Thanks

Aaron Leonard

On Fri, 20 May 2005 15:23:50 GMT, AM <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

~ Hi all,
~
~ I would implement authentication for vty session by radius server. The requests for the authentication will travel over
~ an encrypted tunnel. Moreover I would have the possibility to enter the router even if the tunnel will go down.
~ The scenario is the following:
~ - all authentications will pass through radius server (and the tunnel) but if the tunnel goes down (i.e. the radius
~ server is not reachable)
~ - authenticate users against local list (i.e. "login local").
~
~ Can authentication method order be specified?
~ Hope my question is clear.
~ Thanks

aaa authentication login VTYS group radius local
line vty 0 <end>
login authentication VTYS

how to delete vty interface jcharth@hotmail.com Cisco 1 09-08-2005 05:46 PM
clear line vty on Cisco 7200 ELR Cisco 4 07-06-2005 09:30 AM
Access- List line vty 0 4 mpeterson711@comcast.net Cisco 9 06-22-2005 10:36 PM
line vty password. AM Cisco 3 01-08-2005 07:56 AM
Aironet 1200 with RADIUS VTY authentication Greg Cisco 2 09-13-2004 12:01 PM

Advertisments