Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > VOIP > router recommendation: 6 PCs+6 VOIP phones

router recommendation: 6 PCs+6 VOIP phones

ted

We currently have a switch attached to a wrt54g, but it is clearly not
designed to ensure voice priority under heavy loads.

ISP bandwidth is not an issue.

We are currently getting echo on the phones and during file uploads the
phones are unusble.

suggestions?

thanks

Val

On Jan 28, 11:11 am, "ted" <@ .com> wrote:
> We currently have a switch attached to a wrt54g, but it is clearly not
> designed to ensure voice priority under heavy loads.
>
> ISP bandwidth is not an issue.
>
> We are currently getting echo on the phones and during file uploads the
> phones are unusble.
>
> suggestions?
>
> thanks

You can use DDWRT or OpenWRT firmware for WRT54G router. It has QoS
settings
Look on google