Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Copy run start is very slow

Copy run start is very slow

ns

Hi all,

In some catalysts 3550 (WS-C3550-48-EMI), when i run "copy run start" or "wr
mem", the operation of saving configuration is quick (less than 5 seconde)
but juste before, the system take around 1 minute before !! why !!??

====================== EXPLICATION ======================
CAT3550#copy run start <enter>
Destination filename [startup-config]? <enter>
<ITS TAKE MORE THAN 1 MINUTE BEFORE WRITING PROCESS !!!>
Building configuration...
[OK]
CAT3550#

I don't have this problem in some catalysts 3550 and the hardware
configuration is the same.

ThankYou very much for your help

Best Regards
NS

Phillip Remaker

What version IOS code?

Try reformatting the flash card (after saving the image off and copying it
back in)

Not sure if this applies to the 3550, but for the 37xx and 38xx routers,
there was a point where the filesystem code in the ATA flash was updated,
and if you have an older format card with newer IOS software, flash access
is very slow.

The eaasiest test it to save all of the flash data off to a TFTP server,
reformat the flash, put the files back and see if that improves matters.

ns

Thank You Phillip for your answer. I will try yours recommandantions.

Cdly
NS

de news:Imyke.735$(E-Mail Removed). ..