Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > VOIP > [France] Local landline number to receive calls over VoIP?

[France] Local landline number to receive calls over VoIP?

Vincent Delporte

Hello

I haven't found any active VoIP-related forums in France, so I
figured I should ask in a more general forum.

We currently have a single office in Paris that we'd like to close,
and have people work from home and other locations, so we'd like to
close down our current POTS line, and take a subscription with a VoIP
company that provides a regulat POTS number in France so that people
can still call us with their regular phone, and have those calls ring
different phones on our end, both regular POTS phones, cellphones, and
IP phones through the Net.

That way, customers only have to remember a single number, and it
doesn't matter where we are located. We could even answer while baking
in the sun with a laptop and a wifi phone

We would also need a way to receive faxes. Ideally, the VoIP provider
handles faxes also, either by directing the calls to a fax machine on
our end, or by digitizing faxes and putting them up on a web site or
sending them via e-mail.

=> Do you know of a good VoIP provider that offers landline numbers in
France that would let it ring multiple phones (landline, cellphones,
and IP)?

Thank you!

Jonathan Roberts

Vincent Delporte wrote:
> => Do you know of a good VoIP provider that offers landline numbers in
> France that would let it ring multiple phones (landline, cellphones,
> and IP)?
>
> Thank you!

Probably not what you want but since no one else has chimed in all day..
Voxbone.com DID + a PBX would do this.

Vincent Delporte

On Wed, 10 Jan 2007 17:58:03 -0600, Jonathan Roberts
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>Probably not what you want but since no one else has chimed in all day..
> Voxbone.com DID + a PBX would do this.

Actually, setting up my own PBX won't do, as I'd have to get a GSM
gateway in addition to a PSTN gateway, and using a GSM gateway means
that the CID will be the PBX's, not the real caller.

Doesn't look like any VoIP provider though of that service, although
they have the equipment :-/

Thanks.