Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Re: Wireless Problems Using IAS

Re: Wireless Problems Using IAS

Harrison Midkiff

Leo:

I am working on the same project. I am using Cisco Aironet AP's. I have
not been very successful. It seem my clients can see the AP but they do not
get IP addresses or pass any traffic. Any documentation you can point me
towards would be very helpful.

As for your problem one suggestions. On the Users properties on the Account
tab check the "User logon name". To the right of it should be your domain
name. For the User ID try this together. Example: http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed). I had
a problem with OWA where my registered domain was "mydomain.com", but
internally I used "mydomain.local". To get around it I had to add an
"Alternative UPN suffix" in AD Domains and Trusts.

Hopefully this helps.

Harrison Midkiff
(E-Mail Removed)

"Leo Alls" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I am having athentication issues with my wireless network. I first created

> dummy domain that would allow me to test the authentications through IAS
> using Certificates. Everything worked beautiful, users are being
> authenticated as dn\userid. I then repeated the exact same settings to the
> production domain and I can not get the connections to work. Looking in

the
> logs I see that everytime I try to authenticate an @ is being added to the
> user id now authentications look like dn\userid@. This appears to be where
> the problem is coming from because there is no userid@ on the network.
> Anyone else seen this type of behavior?
>
> TIA
> Leo

peter

Harrison Midkiff wrote:
> Leo:
>
> I am working on the same project. I am using Cisco Aironet AP's. I have
> not been very successful. It seem my clients can see the AP but they do not
> get IP addresses or pass any traffic. Any documentation you can point me
> towards would be very helpful.
>
> As for your problem one suggestions. On the Users properties on the Account
> tab check the "User logon name". To the right of it should be your domain
> name. For the User ID try this together. Example: (E-Mail Removed). I had
> a problem with OWA where my registered domain was "mydomain.com", but
> internally I used "mydomain.local". To get around it I had to add an
> "Alternative UPN suffix" in AD Domains and Trusts.
>
> Hopefully this helps.
>
> Harrison Midkiff
> (E-Mail Removed)
>

> "Leo Alls" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>>I am having athentication issues with my wireless network. I first created

>>dummy domain that would allow me to test the authentications through IAS
>>using Certificates. Everything worked beautiful, users are being
>>authenticated as dn\userid. I then repeated the exact same settings to the
>>production domain and I can not get the connections to work. Looking in

> the
>
>>logs I see that everytime I try to authenticate an @ is being added to the
>>user id now authentications look like dn\userid@. This appears to be where
>>the problem is coming from because there is no userid@ on the network.
>>Anyone else seen this type of behavior?
>>
>>TIA
>>Leo

Harrison,
I have the same problem with Cisco AP1200 access points. I have a
connection but no IP address .
Are you getting further ?

Peter