Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > VOIP > Hum on analog phone

Hum on analog phone

G-Unit

the analog phone is connected to a Sipura 2000

the sipura uses sip to talk to an asterisk box.

The connection was fine, then all of a sudden, a huge hum came on the
line

I rebooted everything, this didnt help.

I changed FXS Port Polarity Configuration

Idle Polarity: and Caller Conn Polarity and Callee Conn Polarity:

from Forward to Reverse and this fixed the problem so far...but i have
no idea why ?

Can anyone explain if this could actually fix the hum or maybe it was a
coincindence
and explain how if you know.

Thanks

LVMarc

G-Unit wrote:
> the analog phone is connected to a Sipura 2000
>
> the sipura uses sip to talk to an asterisk box.
>
> The connection was fine, then all of a sudden, a huge hum came on the
> line
>
> I rebooted everything, this didnt help.
>

> I changed FXS Port Polarity Configuration
>
> Idle Polarity: and Caller Conn Polarity and Callee Conn Polarity:
>
> from Forward to Reverse and this fixed the problem so far...but i have
> no idea why ?
>
> Can anyone explain if this could actually fix the hum or maybe it was a
> coincindence
> and explain how if you know.
>
> Thanks

Based upon my experience with joining phone lines, analog and voip, the
polarity of the actual wire pairs is crucial in many applications

excerpt here for combine-a-line very low noise and polarity changable
devcie!

LVMarc wrote:

> Need to bridge a voip port and a pstn port to sngle handset or single

line equipment?

> use the original combine-a line! Surge protected and automatially

joined with no batteires nor wall art per supplies. best audio quality
sine the power line noicse is non-existant,

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...4218&rd=1&rd=1

> excerpted""
>
> Description
>

> COMBINE-A-LINE IMAGINE
>
> .1=2
>

> Ever wish you could use your favorite single-line telephone,

answering machine, or PC Modem on TWO phone lines?. Automatically?

> OR
>
> How about joining your VOIP port and the plain old (PSTN) telephone

jack into a single handset?

> OR
>
> How about joining TWO VOIP ports into a single handset, answering

machine, or PC Modem?

> USE a CLT to join a card card acceptor and your single line telephone

as well!

> OR
>
> see if anybody picks-up, on another line trunk, after you are

already in a call??? A visual real-time security feedback feature!

> THEN...........................................
>
> Combine-A-Line (CLT) allows two separate calls from two different

lines to be directed to your single line telephone equipment or PC.
Centralizing and PROTECTING (SURGE PROTECTION INSIDE) your communication
equipment for your home office or for the family.

> Combine-A-Line supports all services from your telephone company . It

also has two line surge protectors to make sure that you are Protecting
your equipment and bi-color LEDS to indicate line tampering.

> Use combine-a-line to automatically switch between
>
> VOIP and pots (rboc) plain local line, hands free!
>
> Turn your single line wireless telephone... into a TWO line wireless

telephone suite

> Ever see a two line dial up modem? Now you can use a CLT to join two

pstn line to your computer modem, creating a central telephone system on
a regular desktop computer.

> SECURITY of your calls are enhanced because the CLT displays if

anybody picks -up the line after you are in a call! So, it has security
features just in case someone is wire tapping or listens in after you
are in a call. The Bi-color LED display will indicate any disruption to
the line.

> Easy to use, No batteries nor power supply ...these wall powered

units makes more noise and cost decades of dollars in electrical energy
use each year!, and no programming needed!

> Our re-sellers have reported that ..."elimination of the noisy and

cumbersome power supply wires, "reduces the Hum & Noise one hears then
when connected to household power supplies",

> Saves Wasted Energy from wall- wart transformer power supplies:

saving energy $$$ all year long" no cost to operate, saves you money in
your utility bill", Energy Council Amercias

> Extra dedicated rj-11 jacks. Universal I/O . More connections with

four rj-11 jacks total, all surge protected.

> Automate and organize your telecommunications equipment and desktop

wires with Combine-A-Line.

> USE BUY NOW and win fast
>
> Buy NOw and get 2 combine-a-lines and get FREE SHIPPING OPTION
>
> WOW FREE SHIPPING
>
> ""
>
> hoho ho
>
> Marco