Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > VOIP > Skype

Skype

Jonathan Roberts

Hey gang,

I am considering buy the unlimited national/USA plan that Skype is now
pushing. Seems like a good deal... How do folks use Skype? I would
like to avoid their application if possible. Are there any good phones
out there that work w/ Skype?

Thanks!

Jonathan

Enzo Michelangeli

"Jonathan Roberts" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:uzoih.12597$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hey gang,
>
> I am considering buy the unlimited national/USA plan that Skype is now
> pushing. Seems like a good deal... How do folks use Skype? I would like
> to avoid their application if possible. Are there any good phones out
> there that work w/ Skype?

There are a few Wi-Fi phones that do not require a PC running the Skype
application:

http://about.skype.com/2006/07/intro...s_first_w.html

http://tools.netgear.com/skype/
http://www.voipsupply.com/product_in...oducts_id=1895
http://www.bigpockets.co.uk/product....0444e88ae245b6
http://www.smc-asia.com/v2/index.php...417&Itemid=140

They appears to be all the same model variously rebranded... Anyway, I never
tried any of them, so I can't say how well they work. I suspect that the
battery life won't be that great.

Enzo

Jonathan Roberts

Enzo Michelangeli wrote:
> "Jonathan Roberts" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:uzoih.12597$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Hey gang,
>>
>> I am considering buy the unlimited national/USA plan that Skype is now
>> pushing. Seems like a good deal... How do folks use Skype? I would
>> like to avoid their application if possible. Are there any good
>> phones out there that work w/ Skype?

> There are a few Wi-Fi phones that do not require a PC running the Skype
> application:
>
> http://about.skype.com/2006/07/intro...s_first_w.html
>
> http://tools.netgear.com/skype/
> http://www.voipsupply.com/product_in...oducts_id=1895
> http://www.bigpockets.co.uk/product....0444e88ae245b6
>
> http://www.smc-asia.com/v2/index.php...417&Itemid=140
>

> They appears to be all the same model variously rebranded... Anyway, I
> never tried any of them, so I can't say how well they work. I suspect
> that the battery life won't be that great.
>
> Enzo

Thanks, Enzo! I will check these out and look for some reviews.