Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Adding OSPF Routes

Adding OSPF Routes

Not Applicable

This is a silly question, but I need help with it nonetheless. On a
2620 router running IOS version 12.3(11)T2 how do I add a route to an
existing OSPF area? I have already run the commands below, but the
route is not propagating to the other OSPF areas. All other routes in
the OSPF area seem to be propagating, but this one does not. Do I need
to activate the propagation in some way? Is there something else that
needs to be done to have this entry propagate throughout the OSPF area?
Any help would be appreciated.

(config)# router ospf 4
(config)# network 192.168.53.0 0.0.0.255 area 0

Dan Daniels

"Not Applicable" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> This is a silly question, but I need help with it nonetheless. On a
> 2620 router running IOS version 12.3(11)T2 how do I add a route to an
> existing OSPF area? I have already run the commands below, but the
> route is not propagating to the other OSPF areas. All other routes in
> the OSPF area seem to be propagating, but this one does not. Do I need
> to activate the propagation in some way? Is there something else that
> needs to be done to have this entry propagate throughout the OSPF area?
> Any help would be appreciated.
>
> (config)# router ospf 4
> (config)# network 192.168.53.0 0.0.0.255 area 0

The network command enables OSPF on an interface. Is the route you want to
propagate the prefix of the interface that matches this network statement?

It almost sounds like what you want to do is add a static route and then
redistribute it into OSPF.

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/104/3.html#14.0