Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > VOIP > VoIP client for Windows that can record conversations?

VoIP client for Windows that can record conversations?

Vincent Delporte

Hi

I use X-Lite but it doesn't seem able to record a conversation. Is
there another application that can do this?

Thank you.

Rick Merrill

Vincent Delporte wrote:
> Hi
>
> I use X-Lite but it doesn't seem able to record a conversation. Is
> there another application that can do this?
>
> Thank you.

VoIP from ATT callvantage does this.

Vincent Delporte

On Thu, 07 Dec 2006 17:05:24 -0500, Rick Merrill
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>VoIP from ATT callvantage does this.

Thanks, but I would rather has this feature implemented in the VoIP
client itself instead of on the VoIP provider side.

Jonathan Roberts

Vincent Delporte wrote:
> On Thu, 07 Dec 2006 17:05:24 -0500, Rick Merrill
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> VoIP from ATT callvantage does this.

> Thanks, but I would rather has this feature implemented in the VoIP
> client itself instead of on the VoIP provider side.

I don't know about X-lite or any client doing this. If it helps, you
can do this from Asterisk itself.

Vincent Delporte

On Fri, 08 Dec 2006 06:41:41 -0600, Jonathan Roberts
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>I don't know about X-lite or any client doing this. If it helps, you
>can do this from Asterisk itself.

OK, I'll check it out. Or maybe TotalRecord can do this, but it'd be
easier to just have some red button in the SIP client to start
recording a conversation.

Thanks.

Enzo Michelangeli

"Vincent Delporte" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Fri, 08 Dec 2006 06:41:41 -0600, Jonathan Roberts
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>I don't know about X-lite or any client doing this. If it helps, you
>>can do this from Asterisk itself.

> OK, I'll check it out. Or maybe TotalRecord can do this, but it'd be
> easier to just have some red button in the SIP client to start
> recording a conversation.

X-Lite v.3 does have such button, and the conversation is recorded into a
..WAV file, by default placed in the folder "My Documents\X-Lite". To access
that file after the end of the call, just go to the options (right-click on
the X-Lite GUI and choose "Options"), and then click on the "Open" button in
the "Recorded Calls Location" area. You can also change the folder for
future recordings, if you like.

Enzo

Vincent Delporte

On Sat, 9 Dec 2006 23:34:20 +0800, "Enzo Michelangeli"
<(E-Mail Removed)-ip.com> wrote:
>X-Lite v.3 does have such button, and the conversation is recorded into a
>.WAV file, by default placed in the folder "My Documents\X-Lite".

Stupid me :-/ Thanks.

COPE2 COPE2 is offline
Junior Member

i have used the record feature on xlite, and the recording is static, and no voice can be heard. its also recording on a video file that is a large file size.