Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > VOIP > Avaya and NAT

Avaya and NAT

nowy

Hi,

Do anyone have any issue with avaya softphone and NAT'ed network?
Our servers are behind NAT and I'm wonder if NAT can be the "problem
maker"?

Regards
Szczepan

Rick Merrill

nowy wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Do anyone have any issue with avaya softphone and NAT'ed network?
> Our servers are behind NAT and I'm wonder if NAT can be the "problem
> maker"?
>
> Regards
> Szczepan

"Avaya IP Softphone R3 V2.1 now supports H.323 VoIP applications running
over different Network Address Translation devices."

http://whitepapers.silicon.com/0,390...000385q,00.htm
Configuring Check Point VPN-1/FireWall-1 and SecuRemote Client with
Avaya IP Softphone via NAT - Issue 1.0 from Avaya White Papers at
silicon.com