Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Redirect LPT1 to COM4 for Bluetooth printing

Redirect LPT1 to COM4 for Bluetooth printing

Bitman

I have connected satisfactorily my CPU with my matrix printer having used a
virtual Bluetooth port .

Now, is there some way to redirect LPT1 port to my COM4 virtual port?.
Happens that frequently I use a DOS software that only has option to print
to LPT port, and the impression options throu Bluetooth are only by COM
ports.

Devices:
- Belkin Bluetooth USB adapter,
- BlueTake Bluetooth printer adapter (parallel)
- Epson FX1170 printer
- Widcomm BTW software
- Win98 SE

Thaks in advance,

Bitman

Dick Kistler

"Bitman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have connected satisfactorily my CPU with my matrix printer having used

> virtual Bluetooth port .
>
> Now, is there some way to redirect LPT1 port to my COM4 virtual port?.
> Happens that frequently I use a DOS software that only has option to print
> to LPT port, and the impression options throu Bluetooth are only by COM
> ports.
>
> Devices:
> - Belkin Bluetooth USB adapter,
> - BlueTake Bluetooth printer adapter (parallel)
> - Epson FX1170 printer
> - Widcomm BTW software
> - Win98 SE
>
> Thaks in advance,
>
> Bitman

Have you tried MODE LPT1:=COM4: right before you run your dos program(in the
same dos-prompt window)?

Dick Kistler

Bitman

Reply to message from "Dick Kistler"
<(E-Mail Removed)> (Mon, 28
Jun 2004 18:05:06) about "Re: Redirect
LPT1 to COM4 for Bluetooth printing":

Yes, I have tried MODE LPT1:=COM4:, and
right before I run the DOS program (and in
the same DOS prompt window), but for a
reason that I can't know, the system at the
DOS level only recognize COM1 and COM2.

How can I "tell" to the system at the DOS
level that there is more COM ports?.

At the Windows level there's no problems
with COM4 printing.

Thanks for all.

Bitman
Fri, 02 Jul 2004 00:51:22 -0300

=== Posted with Qusnetsoft NewsReader
2.1.0.10

> that only has option to print to LPT port,
> and the impression options throu
> Bluetooth are only by COM ports.

> Devices:
> - Belkin Bluetooth USB adapter,
> - BlueTake Bluetooth printer adapter
> (parallel)
> - Epson FX1170 printer
> - Widcomm BTW software
> - Win98 SE

> Thaks in advance,

> Bitman

Have you tried MODE LPT1:=COM4: right
before you run your dos program(in the
same dos-prompt window)?

Dick Kistler

Patrick Sears [MSFT]

I don't know for sure if you can get the Mode command to re-route LPT1 to a
COM port higher than COM2. I had a little trouble when I just tried this.

However, as an alternative, you might try the following:

1) Disable COM2 in your system BIOS.
2) Assign COM2 to your Bluetooth connection.
3) Redirect LPT1 to COM2.

I don't know for sure if this will work, but it's probably worth a try.

--

Patrick Sears
Bluetooth PAN

purposes only.