Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Trouble with Seamonkey

Trouble with Seamonkey

rfdjr1@optonline.net

I got a message tonight that there was a new version available so I downloaded
it and installed it. It dumped four Seamonkey icons on my desktop. I tried to
delete all but one, but after I got rid of the first one, I couldn't get rid of
the rest, something about couldn't find or read from a file. Sorry I didn't
write it down. So I did a system restore to before I installed the new version,
now, although the folder and all files for the older version is still apparently
on my HD, Seamonkey won't launch. Any idea how I can upgrade, or get the
software back even in the old version? I've tried this twice with the same
results. Thanks.

> I got a message tonight that there was a new version available so I downloaded
> it and installed it. It dumped four Seamonkey icons on my desktop. I tried to
> delete all but one, but after I got rid of the first one, I couldn't get rid of
> the rest, something about couldn't find or read from a file. Sorry I didn't
> write it down. So I did a system restore to before I installed the new version,
> now, although the folder and all files for the older version is still apparently
> on my HD, Seamonkey won't launch. Any idea how I can upgrade, or get the
> software back even in the old version? I've tried this twice with the same
> results. Thanks.

go into add/remove programs and remove SM. This time when you install
it, pay attention to all the popups and other screens. One of them
will say if you want to put icons on your desktop, start menu, and
windows quicklaunch bar [I'm pretty sure it says something like that].