Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > XML > C XML parser compliant with DOM level 1? Where?

C XML parser compliant with DOM level 1? Where?

Rui Maciel

I'm looking for a XML parser written in C that is compliant with DOM
level 1 specifications. Is there one? If so, where can I get my hands
on it?

Thanks in advance
Rui Maciel

Bjoern Hoehrmann

* Rui Maciel wrote in comp.text.xml:
>I'm looking for a XML parser written in C that is compliant with DOM
>level 1 specifications. Is there one? If so, where can I get my hands
>on it?

There is no official language binding of the DOM for C, so I am not sure
what a "compliant" XML toolkit would be. There are, however, a number of
toolkits that support DOM-like access to XML documents for C programs,
for example, libxml2, and gdome2.
--
Björn Höhrmann · (E-Mail Removed) · http://bjoern.hoehrmann.de

Rui Maciel

On Feb 19, 12:04 pm, Bjoern Hoehrmann <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> There is no official language binding of the DOM for C, so I am not sure
> what a "compliant" XML toolkit would be. There are, however, a number of
> toolkits that support DOM-like access to XML documents for C programs,
> for example, libxml2, and gdome2.

I am trying to write a parser for another markup language. To make
interoperability between XML and that markup language (and possibly
others) easier I believe that the best way to do things is to parse
the document into a common data structure. So in order to achieve that
I am looking for is a XML parser written in C which implements a DOM
tree datastructure that supports the requirements defined in the W3C's
DOM level 1 specifications.

I'm looking into libxml2. Looks interesting. Are there more libraries
like these?

Thanks for the help
Rui Maciel