Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Too much WAN traffic

Too much WAN traffic

Mark@circaUSA.com

I do not know Cisco but have a basic understanding of networking. We
are using several Cisco 1721 routers with frame-relay. Because of a
legacy Vax, we are using BGP routing protocol instead of routing
tables. Some of these routers seem to be generating too much WAN
traffic. How would I check the router to see if local traffic that
should remain local is getting out to the WAN? Are there any router
settings to make sure local traffic stays local? Thanks!

aservin

I will check first the routing tables to see if any route leaking. You
can use netflow in the FE (incoming) or ip accounting packets in the
serial interface (outgoing), or both.

Once checked, you could use ACL (Access List) to drop the unwanted
traffic.

-as