Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > XML > graphs of data and XML

graphs of data and XML

nallen05@gmail.com

A friend and I developed a method of querying graphs of data stored in
a database with tree-regular expressions (using an XML syntax based on
RELAX NG).

We are trying to start a startup to properly implement this technology
to query graphs stored in a number of relational databases and also a
proprietary RDF-oriented triple store. Our potential investor has
asked us to try to find future customers who would have the need to
pull trees of data (XML) out of graphs stored in a database (any
database... using an XML abstraction layer based on RELAX NG). Do you
guys have any advice on where to look?

Thanks for your time

Nick

Joe Kesselman

> pull trees of data (XML) out of graphs stored in a database (any
> database... using an XML abstraction layer based on RELAX NG)

There's a lot of work going on in mapping data (and databases in
particular) to/from XML; I hope you're doing a serious literature and
product search to understand your competition as well as a customer search.

(Despite its name, microsoft.public.xml doesn't seem to be very public;
I can't post to it. Hope you're reading both groups if you want to see
all the answers.)

nallen05@gmail.com

On Jan 29, 6:07 pm, Joe Kesselman <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> > pull trees of data (XML) out of graphs stored in a database (any
> > database... using an XML abstraction layer based on RELAX NG)

> There's a lot of work going on in mapping data (and databases in
> particular) to/from XML; I hope you're doing a serious literature and
> product search to understand your competition as well as a customer search.

Good advice. Thanks for the reply.

One thing I always forget to mention (because I get caught up in the
graph thing): it's implemented with a lower-level logic/constraint
tool with XML syntax (think XML Prolog), so you can trivially do
constraint based searches, and also you could probably also use it as
a rules engine(like say... to implement a permissions system so ensure
certain nodes of a document would only be viewable or writable by
users with certain permissions, etc.)...

take care

Nick