Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > DHCP in VLANs

DHCP in VLANs

blu_aqua

Hi there,
I've got a LAN made by:
5 Catalyst 2950G-EI
1 Catalyst 3508G
1 router 1721 with ADSL module

The center of the network is the 3508 to which all 2950G are connected
using fibre cables.
The router (that accesses the internet) is connected by a crossed cable to
the
PIX.
The pix is connected to one of the 2950.
All ports of each 2950 are assigned to separate VLANs (so I have 5 VLANs).
Every VLAN accesses the internet using a subinterface on the PIX (so I have
5 sub-if on the pix).
All PC connected to my network are Windows based and their IP addresses are
assigned manually to the NIC.
Each VLAN has a separate addressing space:
VLAN 1: 10.155.251.0/24
VLAN 2: 10.155.252.0/24
VLAN 3: 10.155.253.0/24
VLAN 4: 10.155.254.0/24
VLAN 5: 10.155.255.0/24

There is no intraVLAN routing.

I would like to know if it is possible to have a DHCP server for each VLAN,
using only the components I listed above.
Maybe there's a way to activate this service on each sub-if of the pix....
Or maybe on each 2950G (Enhanced Image)...
Any hints is highly appreciated by a newby
Thanks

Raffaele

VLANS DHCP Igor MamuziŠ Cisco 4 07-23-2007 11:56 PM
Windows - Browsing across vlans and also DC's on separate vlans punisher Cisco 2 11-17-2005 03:41 PM
VLANs et DHCP server daylebo5@gmail.com Cisco 2 05-17-2005 10:17 AM
question about Mapping 802.1Q VLANs to ISL VLANs ilya@3ka.mipt.ru Cisco 0 01-11-2005 02:42 PM
2948G-L3 DHCP through VLANs David Hopper Cisco 1 10-16-2003 05:17 AM

Advertisments