Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > XML > blank line introduced on server side!?

blank line introduced on server side!?

Seller

I am using Wordpress 2.0.6 on Fedora Core 5. An RSS feed is not working for
http://survivalofthesickestthebook.com/blog/?feed=rss2

When I use feed validator
http://feedvalidator.org/check.cgi?u...%3Ffeed%3Drss2

I see a blank space on line one which renders the page unviewable. none of
my files have a space at the top, and I have no idea why the page is being
served with a space at the top.

what on the server side would introduce a blank space on line one before the
xml statement?

thank you!

Bjoern Hoehrmann

* Seller wrote in comp.text.xml:
>I am using Wordpress 2.0.6 on Fedora Core 5. An RSS feed is not working for
>http://survivalofthesickestthebook.com/blog/?feed=rss2
>
>When I use feed validator
>http://feedvalidator.org/check.cgi?u...%3Ffeed%3Drss2
>
>I see a blank space on line one which renders the page unviewable. none of
>my files have a space at the top, and I have no idea why the page is being
>served with a space at the top.
>
>what on the server side would introduce a blank space on line one before the
>xml statement?

Any kind of pre-processor or output filter. For example, your server
seems to support PHP, so your file might be put through some PHP script
and the PHP script generates the empty line at the top. If you have no
control over that, but control over the actual content, you might try
to remove the <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> from the input, an
empty line at the beginning would then be legal.
--
Björn Höhrmann · (E-Mail Removed) · http://bjoern.hoehrmann.de

luogo interessante, soddisfare interessante, buon! http://www.bikini.741.com

> I am using Wordpress 2.0.6 on Fedora Core 5. An RSS feed is not working for
> http://survivalofthesickestthebook.com/blog/?feed=rss2
>
> When I use feed validator
> http://feedvalidator.org/check.cgi?u...%3Ffeed%3Drss2
>
> I see a blank space on line one which renders the page unviewable. none of
> my files have a space at the top, and I have no idea why the page is being
> served with a space at the top.
>
> what on the server side would introduce a blank space on line one before the
> xml statement?
>
> thank you!

luogo interessante, soddisfare interessante, buon! http://www.bikini.741.com

BizTalk Utilities - Frustration free BizTalk Adapters
http://www.topxml.com/biztalkutilities

Luogo molto buon:) Buona fortuna! http://www.paradistc.org/tempo

E evidente che il luogo e stato fatto dalla persona che realmente conosce il mestiere! http://www.pa

E evidente che il luogo e stato fatto dalla persona che realmente conosce il mestiere! http://www.paradistc.org/napoli