Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > network

network

balu

Hello,
Any one there whether can help me, to know where to get the code as,
i doing a project "Electronic copy right management system" i want
retriving data from one system by sending the IP port number from
another system ie., i want send the messaga from one system to another
system in the LAN connection by giving the ip address the message want,
goto that particular system.
by
Balu

Walter Roberson

In article <(E-Mail Removed). com>,
balu <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
: Any one there whether can help me, to know where to get the code as,
:i doing a project "Electronic copy right management system" i want
:retriving data from one system by sending the IP port number from
:another system ie., i want send the messaga from one system to another
:system in the LAN connection by giving the ip address the message want,
:goto that particular system.

I am not sure if I understand correctly. Is the setup like this: ?

- Client communicates with a DRM authentication gateway, sending
it the information about the resource it wants to access
- authentication gateway determines whether the client is authorized.
If it is, then the authentication gateway returns an IP address
and port number.
- Client contacts that IP address and port number in order to retrieve
the data.

If that is correct, then it sounds like very standard TCP/IP
client/server code, not specific to Cisco equipment. You can find
many many examples of client-server TCP/IP code online, and there
are a number of excellent books on the topic.

I would suggest that you google for
client-server tcp-ip tutorial
and read the material through, and if you still have specific
questions after that about how it works, you could ask the
questions in comp.protocols.tcp-ip

(Hint: the first google result on the above search
that mentions 'free' in its URL is from an appropriate and useful
site.)
--
Feep if you love VT-52's.