Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Query about a Cisco 801 and a WIFI router

Query about a Cisco 801 and a WIFI router

Sean Rima

I have a small network that is connected to a wifi router. Currently I
am using a USR ISDN card in the main PC, whhich is currently down and I
have to use a usb isdn modem.

I have seen the 801 on various ebay auctions and am considering on. If
this is plugged into the WAN port of the WIFI router, can I configure
it so that it only dials out during certain hours of the day, ie
1800-0800 monday to friday and anytime during saturday and sunday. or
alternatively, use one connection between 0800-1800 and another between
1800-0800

Sean

--
Sean Rima
ICQ: 679813 PalTalk: thecivvie

Stefan Emilius

.... be answered at your similar question from May, 22.
Regards
Stefan

Sean Rima schrieb:
> I have a small network that is connected to a wifi router. Currently I
> am using a USR ISDN card in the main PC, whhich is currently down and I
> have to use a usb isdn modem.
>
> I have seen the 801 on various ebay auctions and am considering on. If
> this is plugged into the WAN port of the WIFI router, can I configure it
> so that it only dials out during certain hours of the day, ie 1800-0800
> monday to friday and anytime during saturday and sunday. or
> alternatively, use one connection between 0800-1800 and another between
> 1800-0800
>
> Sean

Sean Rima

Stefan Emilius presented the following explanation :
> ... be answered at your similar question from May, 22.
> Regards
> Stefan
>
> Sean Rima schrieb:
>> I have a small network that is connected to a wifi router. Currently I am
>> using a USR ISDN card in the main PC, whhich is currently down and I have
>> to use a usb isdn modem.
>>
>> I have seen the 801 on various ebay auctions and am considering on. If this
>> is plugged into the WAN port of the WIFI router, can I configure it so that
>> it only dials out during certain hours of the day, ie 1800-0800 monday to
>> friday and anytime during saturday and sunday. or alternatively, use one
>> connection between 0800-1800 and another between 1800-0800
>>
>> Sean

Thanks for that reply, it really helped

Sean