Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Thumbnail size

Reply
Thread Tools

Thumbnail size

 
 
Paul
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-01-2007

"dorayme" <(E-Mail Removed)> ha scritto nel messaggio
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> In article <45e56746$0$7739$(E-Mail Removed)>,
> "Paul" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >> I have compressed thumbnails images using ACDSee. It' s easy and very
> >> fast.

>> Paul (from Italy)

>
> The thumbnail sizes are fine here for your purposes. But there is
> trouble with your design.


Oh yes, I have seen. Thank you to let me note it.
The fact is that it only happens with low resolution screens 800x600, and
that type of visitors to my website are only about 7% of total.
Anyway I will correct it.
Luigi? No, I don't know any Luigi...., really.
Paul


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Jonathan N. Little
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-01-2007
Paul wrote:
> "dorayme" <(E-Mail Removed)> ha scritto nel messaggio
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> In article <45e56746$0$7739$(E-Mail Removed)>,
>> "Paul" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>>> I have compressed thumbnails images using ACDSee. It' s easy and very
>>>> fast.
>>> Paul (from Italy)

>> The thumbnail sizes are fine here for your purposes. But there is
>> trouble with your design.

>
> Oh yes, I have seen. Thank you to let me note it.
> The fact is that it only happens with low resolution screens 800x600, and
> that type of visitors to my website are only about 7% of total.


For many 800x600 is not low resolution but *their* resolution. Secondly
how are you getting this statistic 7%? Are you basing it on screen
resolution or browser windows size? You are making a fundamental error
that folks always have their browser window maximize!

> Anyway I will correct it.
> Luigi? No, I don't know any Luigi...., really.


We all want to forget Luigi, really.

--
Take care,

Jonathan
-------------------
LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Paul
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-01-2007

"Jonathan N. Little" <(E-Mail Removed)> ha scritto nel messaggio
news:c7986$45e6e6ce$40cba7be$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Paul wrote:
>> "dorayme" <(E-Mail Removed)> ha scritto nel messaggio
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

>
> For many 800x600 is not low resolution but *their* resolution. Secondly
> how are you getting this statistic 7%? Are you basing it on screen
> resolution or browser windows size? You are making a fundamental error
> that folks always have their browser window maximize!


Well, I have seen it on my visitor counters:
it is this:
Screen Resolutions Unique Visitors

1280x1024 642 47.45%
1024x768 499 36.88%
800x600 95 7.02%
1152x864 41 3.03%
Other 34 2.51%
1400x1050 18 1.33%
1440x900 12 0.89%
1680x1050 6 0.44%
1600x1200 4 0.30%
1920x1200 1 0.07%
640x480 1 0.07%

>> Luigi? No, I don't know any Luigi...., really.

>
> We all want to forget Luigi, really.


Surely I have lost something funny (??) with him...
Paul


 
Reply With Quote
 
Travis Newbury
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-01-2007
On Mar 1, 10:08 am, "Paul" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Screen Resolutions Unique Visitors
> 1280x1024 642 47.45%
> 1024x768 499 36.88%
> 800x600 95 7.02%
> 1152x864 41 3.03%
> Other 34 2.51%
> 1400x1050 18 1.33%
> 1440x900 12 0.89%
> 1680x1050 6 0.44%
> 1600x1200 4 0.30%
> 1920x1200 1 0.07%
> 640x480 1 0.07%


Pretty much meaningless information. How big is their browser window?

 
Reply With Quote
 
Paul
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-01-2007

"Travis Newbury" <(E-Mail Removed)> ha scritto nel messaggio
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> On Mar 1, 10:08 am, "Paul" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> Screen Resolutions Unique Visitors
>> 1280x1024 642 47.45%
>> 1024x768 499 36.88%
>> 800x600 95 7.02%
>> 1152x864 41 3.03%
>> Other 34 2.51%
>> 1400x1050 18 1.33%
>> 1440x900 12 0.89%
>> 1680x1050 6 0.44%
>> 1600x1200 4 0.30%
>> 1920x1200 1 0.07%
>> 640x480 1 0.07%

>
> Pretty much meaningless information. How big is their browser window?


I am sorry, I don't know. Among stats I have, there isn't that information.
I only can read stats about operative systems, java and screen colors.
This isn't enough, isn't it?
I am using http://extremetracking.com/open;sys?login=cakengli
Paul


 
Reply With Quote
 
Jonathan N. Little
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-01-2007
Paul wrote:
> "Travis Newbury" <(E-Mail Removed)> ha scritto nel messaggio
> news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
>> On Mar 1, 10:08 am, "Paul" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>> Screen Resolutions Unique Visitors
>>> 1280x1024 642 47.45%
>>> 1024x768 499 36.88%
>>> 800x600 95 7.02%
>>> 1152x864 41 3.03%
>>> Other 34 2.51%
>>> 1400x1050 18 1.33%
>>> 1440x900 12 0.89%
>>> 1680x1050 6 0.44%
>>> 1600x1200 4 0.30%
>>> 1920x1200 1 0.07%
>>> 640x480 1 0.07%

>> Pretty much meaningless information. How big is their browser window?

>
> I am sorry, I don't know. Among stats I have, there isn't that information.
> I only can read stats about operative systems, java and screen colors.
> This isn't enough, isn't it?
> I am using http://extremetracking.com/open;sys?login=cakengli


That was *my point* in previous reply:

http://message-id.net/%3Cc7986$45e6e6ce$40cba7be$(E-Mail Removed)%3E
Message-ID.net : c7986$45e6e6ce$40cba7be$(E-Mail Removed)

You will get that my screen size is 1280 x 1024 but that is *not* the
size of my browser window! That is where your error lies. That is also
why many here will advise that you should stop designing for any single
"page" size. The Web is *not* paper.


--
Take care,

Jonathan
-------------------
LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com
 
Reply With Quote
 
dorayme
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-01-2007
In article <45e6a2a5$0$20806$(E-Mail Removed)>,
"Paul" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> "dorayme" <(E-Mail Removed)> ha scritto nel messaggio
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > In article <45e56746$0$7739$(E-Mail Removed)>,
> > "Paul" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> > >> I have compressed thumbnails images using ACDSee. It' s easy and very
> > >> fast.
> >> Paul (from Italy)

> >
> > The thumbnail sizes are fine here for your purposes. But there is
> > trouble with your design.

>
> Oh yes, I have seen. Thank you to let me note it.
> The fact is that it only happens with low resolution screens 800x600,
> and
> that type of visitors to my website are only about 7% of total.
> Anyway I will correct it.


I have a 20" 1600 * 1200 (as well as other connected screens.
making a virtual desktop of much more) And yet still it is
sometimes convenient to reduce browser size to 800 across or
thereabouts. My point? Does this sort of thing get covered by the
7% you mention?

--
dorayme
 
Reply With Quote
 
dorayme
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-01-2007
In article <c7986$45e6e6ce$40cba7be$(E-Mail Removed)>,
"Jonathan N. Little" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> We all want to forget Luigi, really.


Only because he tended to bring out the worst in us. We loved him
dearly really...

--
dorayme
 
Reply With Quote
 
dorayme
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-01-2007
In article <45e6ec5a$0$20811$(E-Mail Removed)>,
"Paul" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> "Jonathan N. Little" <(E-Mail Removed)> ha scritto nel messaggio
> news:c7986$45e6e6ce$40cba7be$(E-Mail Removed)...


> > We all want to forget Luigi, really.

>
> Surely I have lost something funny (??) with him...
> Paul


No, he is there etched in the archives forever...

--
dorayme
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
thumbnail and full size images Stuart Miller HTML 16 10-16-2006 05:44 PM
Re: How to set Win XP Thumbnail size? Pete Computer Support 0 03-08-2006 12:26 PM
How to set Win XP Thumbnail size? Pete Computer Support 8 03-07-2006 01:04 PM
Displaying a Thumbnail vs. creating a thumbnail David Lozzi ASP .Net 1 02-01-2006 10:34 PM
Different size of Canon thumbnail when shooting RAW and JPG2RAW ErwinH Digital Photography 0 08-08-2003 12:50 PM



Advertisments