Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > url link within setTextOfLayer

url link within setTextOfLayer

marckatsambis@gmail.com

Hi,

Is it possible to have a clickable link to an external site within a
MM_setTextOfLayer function?

Here is an example of my code:

web_r2_c14_f2.gif',1),MM_setTextOfLayer('Layer1',' ','Davarga');"
onMouseDown="MM_swapImage('work_main','','images/web_work/
davarga.jpg'),MM_setTextOfLayer('Layer1','','Davar ga Pressure
Cleaning
approached red studio to design a basic website that would provide
the
online presence required to complement their advertising in other
media. View their site');">

At the very end of the code I would like 'View their site' to be
clickable. Can this be done?

Cheers

Marc

marckatsambis@gmail.com

Does anybody know if this can be done? Or know of an alternative??

> Hi,
>
> Is it possible to have a clickable link to an external site within a
> MM_setTextOfLayer function?
>
> Here is an example of my code:

> web_r2_c14_f2.gif',1),MM_setTextOfLayer('Layer1',' ','Davarga');"
> onMouseDown="MM_swapImage('work_main','','images/web_work/
> davarga.jpg'),MM_setTextOfLayer('Layer1','','Davar ga Pressure
> Cleaning
> approached red studio to design a basic website that would provide
> the
> online presence required to complement their advertising in other
> media. View their site');">
>
> At the very end of the code I would like 'View their site' to be
> clickable. Can this be done?
>
> Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.
>
> Cheers
>
> Marc

Steve Pugh

>On Feb 15, 1:44 pm, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Is it possible to have a clickable link to an external site within a
>> MM_setTextOfLayer function?
>>
>> Here is an example of my code:

>> web_r2_c14_f2.gif',1),MM_setTextOfLayer('Layer1',' ','Davarga');"
>> onMouseDown="MM_swapImage('work_main','','images/web_work/
>> davarga.jpg'),MM_setTextOfLayer('Layer1','','Davar ga Pressure
>> Cleaning
>> approached red studio to design a basic website that would provide
>> the
>> online presence required to complement their advertising in other
>> media. View their site');">
>>
>> At the very end of the code I would like 'View their site' to be
>> clickable. Can this be done?

>Does anybody know if this can be done? Or know of an alternative??

As MM_setTextOfLayer is a JavaScript function we would need to see the
JavaScript source to advise how to modify it to allow HTML rather than
plain text content. However, as the MM stands for Macromedia it's
likely that this is one of the prepackaged functions in Dreamweaver,
so you may get better luck asking in one of the Adobe/Macromedia
forums.

Steve