Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > There must be an easier way

There must be an easier way

Jim S

On all the pages of www.priorysingers.org.uk the 'buttons' on the left is 7
1x1 tables inside the cells of a 7x1 (Or is it 1x7) table inside the table
which makes up the main page.
There must be an easier/slicker/more acceptable way of doing this using css,
but my way is the only way I know to keep everything exactly in the right
place in all browsers.
Can anyone help or point me to understandable rehab.
--
Jim S
Tyneside UK

=?iso-8859-1?Q?Kim_Andr=E9_Aker=F8?=

Jim S wrote:

> On all the pages of www.priorysingers.org.uk the 'buttons' on the
> left is 7 1x1 tables inside the cells of a 7x1 (Or is it 1x7) table
> inside the table which makes up the main page.
> There must be an easier/slicker/more acceptable way of doing this
> using css, but my way is the only way I know to keep everything
> exactly in the right place in all browsers.
> Can anyone help or point me to understandable rehab.

Sure thing. In your stylesheet, do something like this:

div.navbutton {
width: 100px; height: 40px; background: #dcdcdc;
border: 3px ridge silver; font-size: 85%; font-weight: bold;
font-family: Arial, sans-serif;
}
div.navbutton a:link,hover,visited,active { text-decoration: none; }

And in your HTML code:

Which replaces the following from your source code:

bgcolor="#dcdcdc" border="3" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0">

When it comes to vertically centering the text, look at this:
http://www.jakpsatweb.cz/css/css-ver...-solution.html

--
Kim André Akerĝ
- http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)

Bergamot

Jim S wrote:
> On all the pages of www.priorysingers.org.uk the 'buttons' on the left is 7
> 1x1 tables inside the cells of a 7x1 (Or is it 1x7) table inside the table
> which makes up the main page.
> There must be an easier/slicker/more acceptable way of doing this using css,

For navigation menus, tables are out. Lists are in.
http://css.maxdesign.com.au/listamatic/

--
Berg

John Hosking

Bergamot wrote:

> For navigation menus, tables are out. Lists are in.
> http://css.maxdesign.com.au/listamatic/

Yes, nav-link list items are the new "black"

--
John