Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Which Shipping Calculator?

Which Shipping Calculator?

Talal Itani

Hello,

I am setting up a web site and will use either the PayPal shopping cart or
the Mal's shopping cart. I need my shipping calculation to give my
customers options for USPS, UPS, and DHL. Domestic and International
shipping. I do not know what to use. I did some Google research, but I
prefer to ask the people here. Thanks.

T.I.

Ombudsman Superiour

[Default] "Talal Itani" <(E-Mail Removed)> went like:

>Hello,
>
>I am setting up a web site and will use either the PayPal shopping cart or
>the Mal's shopping cart. I need my shipping calculation to give my
>customers options for USPS, UPS, and DHL. Domestic and International
>shipping. I do not know what to use. I did some Google research, but I
>prefer to ask the people here. Thanks.
>
>T.I.

Ask the folks over at http://www.paypalwarning.com as they seem
to have a lot of hands on experience with Paypal.

Ombudsman Superiour
--
Are you a business person cheated by Ebay?
Want to do something about it?

Red E. Kilowatt

Ombudsman Superiour <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
message:
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed),

<from your sig>
> Are you a business person cheated by Ebay?
> Want to do something about it?

<snipped url>

From the site:

"We built an Ebay business, had an Ebay store, paid to be "ID Verifed",
were encouraged to invest in Ebay advertising (we were even buying the
$300 a week front page ads), had 100% positive feedback (about 39 or
so)"

39 feedback and you call that an eBay business?

Need I point out the obvious? eBay/PayPal is a private business. They
are not a bank and they are not a public utility. Their many problems
are very well documented and it would be nice if they weren't such
money-grubbing aholes with enormous power over their users, but they are
and they do.

Fortunately, there are other alternatives and those alternatives are
becoming more popular every day. It's better to put your energy into
promoting and making the most of those alternatives than to expend a lot
of effort into trying to get eBay/PayPal to change.

--
Red

Pogonip

Ombudsman Superiour wrote:
> [Default] "Talal Itani" <(E-Mail Removed)> went like:
>

>>Hello,
>>
>>I am setting up a web site and will use either the PayPal shopping cart or
>>the Mal's shopping cart. I need my shipping calculation to give my
>>customers options for USPS, UPS, and DHL. Domestic and International
>>shipping. I do not know what to use. I did some Google research, but I
>>prefer to ask the people here. Thanks.
>>
>>T.I.
>>

> Ask the folks over at http://www.paypalwarning.com as they seem
> to have a lot of hands on experience with Paypal.
>
> Ombudsman Superiour

Both of you.
--
Joanne
stitches @ singerlady.reno.nv.us.earth.milky-way.com

Harlan Messinger

Ombudsman Superiour wrote:
> [Default] "Talal Itani" <(E-Mail Removed)> went like:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I am setting up a web site and will use either the PayPal shopping cart or
>> the Mal's shopping cart. I need my shipping calculation to give my
>> customers options for USPS, UPS, and DHL. Domestic and International
>> shipping. I do not know what to use. I did some Google research, but I
>> prefer to ask the people here. Thanks.
>>
>> T.I.
>>

> Ask the folks over at http://www.paypalwarning.com as they seem
> to have a lot of hands on experience with Paypal.

What they have is a service ("A Real Merchant Account") that they're
trying to market in competition with PayPal. Do you have any evidence
that anything reported on their site is true?

Ombudsman Superiour

[Default] Harlan Messinger <(E-Mail Removed)>
went like:

>> Ask the folks over at http://www.paypalwarning.com as they seem
>> to have a lot of hands on experience with Paypal.

>What they have is a service ("A Real Merchant Account") that they're
>trying to market in competition with PayPal. Do you have any evidence
>that anything reported on their site is true?

I see over there things consistent with many published complaints
regarding Paypal.

Ombudsman Superiour
--
Are you a business person cheated by Ebay?
Want to do something about it?
Visit http://www.cheatedbyebay.com

Tom Miller

"Talal Itani" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
newsS_yh.113766$h75.22718@trnddc01...
> Hello,
>
> I am setting up a web site and will use either the PayPal shopping cart or
> the Mal's shopping cart. I need my shipping calculation to give my
> customers options for USPS, UPS, and DHL. Domestic and International
> shipping. I do not know what to use. I did some Google research, but I
> prefer to ask the people here. Thanks.
>
> T.I.

If it is a "real" shopping cart, it usually has a shipping calculator as
either part of the cart or as an optional addon. Depending on the area your
trying to service and the speed at which you want to ship you can even quote
a flat rate for say ground express to the country border.

A lot of it depends on if your buying some elses cart and modifying it,
using someone elses service and so forth. I am not about to offer any
specific recommendations because I have only used them from the outside, not
implemented them.

Thanks,
Tom

--