Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Doteasy format problems

Doteasy format problems

gplantam@gmail.com

I signed up at Doteasy.com and am trying to recreate my Geocities
website there. If you use Doteasy web builder, you can only create
pages using one of their formats (with a frame for links, and one for
logo, etc). I have contacted their cust. service several times (by
e-mail...they don't give you a phone number to call) and am told that
to do a page with my own layout (with different frames, or no frames) I
have to create it with another utility and FTP it to the doteasy
domain. I tried this and I don't see the HTML file I FTP'ed showing up
on-line. I can't even tell Doteasy's file manager to "publish" the
HTML file, because it doesn't show up. When I look in the Fetch FTP
window, it shows the file was copied to the domain files.

Doteasy's cust. service finally said they'd call me at a time of my
choosing for live advice, but after 3 days I have yet to hear from
them. Can anybody help? I have a very important business site to get
up ASAP. Am I supposed to FTP the file(s) to a specific folder? Is
doteasy not compatible with certain systems?

Please help!

Greg

Neredbojias

On Thu, 25 Jan 2007 05:41:22 GMT scribed:

> I signed up at Doteasy.com and am trying to recreate my Geocities
> website there. If you use Doteasy web builder, you can only create
> pages using one of their formats (with a frame for links, and one for
> logo, etc). I have contacted their cust. service several times (by
> e-mail...they don't give you a phone number to call) and am told that
> to do a page with my own layout (with different frames, or no frames) I
> have to create it with another utility and FTP it to the doteasy
> domain. I tried this and I don't see the HTML file I FTP'ed showing up
> on-line. I can't even tell Doteasy's file manager to "publish" the
> HTML file, because it doesn't show up. When I look in the Fetch FTP
> window, it shows the file was copied to the domain files.
>
> Doteasy's cust. service finally said they'd call me at a time of my
> choosing for live advice, but after 3 days I have yet to hear from
> them. Can anybody help? I have a very important business site to get
> up ASAP. Am I supposed to FTP the file(s) to a specific folder? Is
> doteasy not compatible with certain systems?

These days hosts are cheap and plentiful. If you're having trouble with
one, just move to another.

--
Neredbojias

gplantam@gmail.com

Has anyone else have problems like this with Doteasy?

Neredbojias wrote:
> On Thu, 25 Jan 2007 05:41:22 GMT scribed:
>
> > I signed up at Doteasy.com and am trying to recreate my Geocities
> > website there. If you use Doteasy web builder, you can only create
> > pages using one of their formats (with a frame for links, and one for
> > logo, etc). I have contacted their cust. service several times (by
> > e-mail...they don't give you a phone number to call) and am told that
> > to do a page with my own layout (with different frames, or no frames) I
> > have to create it with another utility and FTP it to the doteasy
> > domain. I tried this and I don't see the HTML file I FTP'ed showing up
> > on-line. I can't even tell Doteasy's file manager to "publish" the
> > HTML file, because it doesn't show up. When I look in the Fetch FTP
> > window, it shows the file was copied to the domain files.
> >
> > Doteasy's cust. service finally said they'd call me at a time of my
> > choosing for live advice, but after 3 days I have yet to hear from
> > them. Can anybody help? I have a very important business site to get
> > up ASAP. Am I supposed to FTP the file(s) to a specific folder? Is
> > doteasy not compatible with certain systems?

> These days hosts are cheap and plentiful. If you're having trouble with
> one, just move to another.
>
> --
> Neredbojias
> He who laughs last sounds like an idiot.

Anyone else having problems with doteasy email ACP Computer Support 3 12-16-2006 05:57 PM
DOTEASY.COM = criminals L.T. Computer Support 6 04-03-2006 04:05 PM
doteasy Bishoop Computer Support 1 02-16-2006 04:07 PM
Anyone here use Doteasy? Atreju Computer Support 12 01-23-2005 02:58 AM
NTFS quick format and normal format Guan Foo Wah MCSE 2 05-08-2004 11:35 PM

Advertisments