Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Simple text buttons

Simple text buttons

undbund

Hi, i was wondering if this was possible. I would like to create a
plain vanilla text button, example:

[submit]

When somebody clicks on the word submit, it will behave just like a
normal html submit button. Is this possible?
If it is, how do i go about creating it? Can you guys give me some
links or hints where i can research on this topic.

Thanks for all your help.

undbund

Jukka K. Korpela

Scripsit undbund:

> I would like to create a
> plain vanilla text button, example:
>
> [submit]

Stop wanting that. Problem solved.

For an explanation, see e.g. http://www.useit.com/alertbox/990530.html
mistake #3.

> When somebody clicks on the word submit, it will behave just like a
> normal html submit button. Is this possible?

No, but you can do a lot of harm trying to achieve it.

--
Jukka K. Korpela ("Yucca")
http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/

Brian Cryer

"undbund" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ps.com...
> Hi, i was wondering if this was possible. I would like to create a
> plain vanilla text button, example:
>
> [submit]
>
> When somebody clicks on the word submit, it will behave just like a
> normal html submit button. Is this possible?
> If it is, how do i go about creating it? Can you guys give me some
> links or hints where i can research on this topic.
>
> Thanks for all your help.
>
> undbund

I would suggest using a normal submit button, but using css to make it look
like vanilla text. Something like:

<head>
input.text {
border: 0;
background-color: white;
}
</head>
<form method="post" action="">
<input class="text" name="Button1" type="button" value="button">
</form>

an alternative approach would be to use text or an href and use JavaScript
to run it into a submit button, but much as I like and use JavaScript its
probably better avoided if there is a way of doing it without JavaScript.

Hope this helps.
--
Brian Cryer
www.cryer.co.uk/brian