Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > OT - Online sharing of self written texts?

OT - Online sharing of self written texts?

TF Radke

Hi group

First of all, sorry to those who consider this spam...

But maybe some people here might be interessted in the idea of sharing their
knowledge online.

On www.vabok.com its possible to up- and download any kind of self-written
texts. From 600-page fantasy novel to manuals, fan fiction, guides,
collections of recipies or your true story / opinion... whatever you can
write down. And it would be great if some of you would support this site by
submitting something.

Best regards,
TF

Jukka K. Korpela

Scripsit TF Radke:

> First of all, sorry to those who consider this spam...

You seem to say "this is not spam!" indirectly. "This is not spam!" is an
almost sure sign of spam. But I don't know and I don't care whether you have
actually spammed.

> And it would be great if some
> of you would support this site by submitting something.

That's a sure sign of a pathetic site. People set up a crappy web site with
no real content, proclaim it as the Ultimate Site on Something, then
advertize it here and there (off-topic, in general) and pray others to
submit some content. The only way to get more pathetic is, I suppose, you
declare just your intentions of building the Ultimate Site on Something and
ask others to do setup.

There's surely no shortage of simple methods to get your texts published on
the web. What's slightly more complicated is to make others read them.

--
Jukka K. Korpela ("Yucca")
http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

TF Radke wrote:

> First of all, sorry to those who consider this spam...

Besides that ...

> But maybe some people here might be interessted in the idea of sharing
> their knowledge online.

What about some articles on how to write web pages?

> On www. vabok.com its possible to up- and download any kind of

reasonable HTML?

<quote>
style="font-weight: bold;" href="/vabok/categories.php">www.
the Link above (most likely you have Java-script
</quote>

...and this categories page:

<http://validator.w3.org/check?verbose=1&uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.vabok.com%2Fv abok%2Fcategories.php>
"Failed validation, 186 errors"