Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Re: Royalty Free Images and free image hosting

Re: Royalty Free Images and free image hosting

Jpgs.com.au

Hi,
I have started up a website where you can use my images for personal or
commercial use completely free of charge.

You can also upload your own images or donate your own photos for
public use on the website.

the website is http://www.jpgs.com.au

I have lots of Australian based photos and they are available for
everyone to download.

You can also send e-cards, photos or host your own images on our site,
you can sign up for an account today.

If you have any comments, questions or concerns please email me at

www.jpgs.com.au

dorayme

In article
<(E-Mail Removed). com>,
"Jpgs.com.au" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Hi,
> I have started up a website where you can use my images for personal or
> commercial use completely free of charge.
>
> http://www.jpgs.com.au

Not a good start:

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Can't connect
to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock'
(2) in /home/jpgs/public_html/jpgs/includes/db_mysql.php on line
39

An unexpected error occured. Please try again later.

--
dorayme

Jpgs.com.au

dorayme wrote:
> In article
> <(E-Mail Removed). com>,
> "Jpgs.com.au" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> > I have started up a website where you can use my images for personal or
> > commercial use completely free of charge.
> >
> > http://www.jpgs.com.au
> >

> Not a good start:
>
> Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Can't connect
> to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock'
> (2) in /home/jpgs/public_html/jpgs/includes/db_mysql.php on line
> 39
>
> An unexpected error occured. Please try again later.
>
> --
> dorayme

Had a server issue,
all fixed now, enjoy and critique

dorayme

In article
<(E-Mail Removed) .com>,
"Jpgs.com.au" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> dorayme wrote:
> > In article
> > <(E-Mail Removed). com>,
> > "Jpgs.com.au" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >
> > > Hi,
> > > I have started up a website where you can use my images for personal or
> > > commercial use completely free of charge.
> > >
> > > http://www.jpgs.com.au
> > >

> > Not a good start:
> >
> > Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Can't connect
> > to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock'
> > (2) in /home/jpgs/public_html/jpgs/includes/db_mysql.php on line
> > 39
> >
> > An unexpected error occured. Please try again later.
> >
> > --
> > dorayme

> Had a server issue,
> all fixed now, enjoy and critique

I will do a deal with you, let you have a few pics and I will
even sign on if you clean up your html and separate style from
content, don't use tables unless it is tricky not to (now that is
not too high a standard), etc.

--
dorayme

Jonathan N. Little

dorayme wrote:
> In article
> <(E-Mail Removed) .com>,
> "Jpgs.com.au" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>> Had a server issue,
>> all fixed now, enjoy and critique

> I will do a deal with you, let you have a few pics and I will
> even sign on if you clean up your html and separate style from
> content, don't use tables unless it is tricky not to (now that is
> not too high a standard), etc.

He will have his work cut out, the index page is a cut'n'paste
nightmare. Quickly I see 2 HTML opening tags, two HEADs and TABLE-rama!
The downfall of how WYSWYG editors can be a crutch.

--
Take care,

Jonathan
-------------------
LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com

Jpgs.com.au

Jonathan N. Little wrote:
> dorayme wrote:
> > In article
> > <(E-Mail Removed) .com>,
> > "Jpgs.com.au" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> >> Had a server issue,
> >> all fixed now, enjoy and critique

> > I will do a deal with you, let you have a few pics and I will
> > even sign on if you clean up your html and separate style from
> > content, don't use tables unless it is tricky not to (now that is
> > not too high a standard), etc.
> >

> He will have his work cut out, the index page is a cut'n'paste
> nightmare. Quickly I see 2 HTML opening tags, two HEADs and TABLE-rama!
> The downfall of how WYSWYG editors can be a crutch.
>
> --
> Take care,
>
> Jonathan
> -------------------
> LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
> http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com

Hi,
Im am not really an expert on HTML or PHP,

Could you explain why I need to do that? if the site is working?

Would it make a difference to the average joe? or just the programming
buffs who like to view the source?

thanks

David Segall

"Jpgs.com.au" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>dorayme wrote:
>> In article
>> <(E-Mail Removed). com>,
>> "Jpgs.com.au" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>> > Hi,
>> > I have started up a website where you can use my images for personal or
>> > commercial use completely free of charge.
>> >
>> > http://www.jpgs.com.au
>> >

>> Not a good start:
>>
>> Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Can't connect
>> to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock'
>> (2) in /home/jpgs/public_html/jpgs/includes/db_mysql.php on line
>> 39
>>
>> An unexpected error occured. Please try again later.
>>
>> --
>> dorayme

>Had a server issue,
>all fixed now, enjoy and critique

Not all! I encountered a bug which caused my registration to fail. I
thought I would try the "Forgotten Password" option to recover and
received:

Warning: fsockopen() [function.fsockopen]: unable to connect to
mail.jpgs.com.au:25 in /home/jpgs/public_html/jpgs/includes/email.php
on line 184

Warning: fgets(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in
/home/jpgs/public_html/jpgs/includes/email.php on line 185

Email Error: Invalid mail server response (service not ready?):

Jonathan N. Little

Jpgs.com.au wrote:

> Hi,
> Im am not really an expert on HTML or PHP,
>
> Could you explain why I need to do that? if the site is working?
>
> Would it make a difference to the average joe? or just the programming
> buffs who like to view the source?

Well that a gander at the tutorials here to get started at learning the
basic structure of a webpage...

http://www.htmldog.com

--
Take care,

Jonathan
-------------------
LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com

dorayme

In article
<(E-Mail Removed) .com>,
"Jpgs.com.au" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Jonathan N. Little wrote:
> > dorayme wrote:

> > > I will do a deal with you, let you have a few pics and I will
> > > even sign on if you clean up your html and separate style from
> > > content, don't use tables unless it is tricky not to (now that is
> > > not too high a standard), etc.
> > >

> > He will have his work cut out, the index page is a cut'n'paste
> > nightmare.

> Hi,
> Im am not really an expert on HTML or PHP,
>
> Could you explain why I need to do that? if the site is working?
>
> Would it make a difference to the average joe? or just the programming
> buffs who like to view the source?

What is an average joe? Be careful how you answer, it is not a
simple matter. More to the point is this: do you want your site
to deliver information in a reasonable manner to the many classes
of people using the internet on different platforms, different
screens or no screens, with different abilities and eyesight etc?
Do you want to be able to identify and fix faults in your code,
update it from time to time in an efficient manner?

If so, then you need to acquaint yourself with the issues
surrounding good practice to achieve this. They cannot possibly
be canvassed in detail here. Hang about here, read the achives,
read what JL has recommended...

--
dorayme

Jpgs.com.au

Ok should all be working fine now,

Dorayme- you have a valid point, thank you for you advice, I disagree
with the part about views not having screens,as my site is a "PHOTO"
site I think those without screens may not get any benefit from my
site!

cheers