Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > saving a webpage with on-disk links

saving a webpage with on-disk links

thedarkman

http://alcuinbramerton.blogspot.com/...n-hotties.html

I want to save the above webpage; I can save the page as a bare .htm
file but when I do this the code links to the pictures on the site.
When I try to save the entire page I get an error message.

Can someone tell me how to save the page so that any .gifs and other
files save to my disk and link on there? Otherwise I'll have to recode
the entire page.

Thanks

Ed Mullen

thedarkman wrote:
> http://alcuinbramerton.blogspot.com/...n-hotties.html
>
> I want to save the above webpage; I can save the page as a bare .htm
> file but when I do this the code links to the pictures on the site.
> When I try to save the entire page I get an error message.
>
> Can someone tell me how to save the page so that any .gifs and other
> files save to my disk and link on there? Otherwise I'll have to recode
> the entire page.
>
> Thanks

Google:
http://www.google.com/search?num=50&...22&btnG=Search

Also: http://www.httrack.com/

--
Ed Mullen
http://edmullen.net

thedarkman

Thanks a lot, that was real quick but I was looking for simple
instructions not a download tool.

Ed Mullen wrote:
> thedarkman wrote:
> > http://alcuinbramerton.blogspot.com/...n-hotties.html
> >
> > I want to save the above webpage; I can save the page as a bare .htm
> > file but when I do this the code links to the pictures on the site.
> > When I try to save the entire page I get an error message.
> >
> > Can someone tell me how to save the page so that any .gifs and other
> > files save to my disk and link on there? Otherwise I'll have to recode
> > the entire page.
> >
> > Thanks
> >

> Google:
> http://www.google.com/search?num=50&...22&btnG=Search
>
> Also: http://www.httrack.com/
>
> --
> Ed Mullen
> http://edmullen.net
> http://mozilla.edmullen.net
> http://abington.edmullen.net
> It doesn't matter what you do in the bedroom as long as you don't do it
> in the street and frighten the horses

Dan

thedarkman wrote:
> Thanks a lot, that was real quick but I was looking for simple
> instructions not a download tool.

Depending on what browser you're using, you might be able to save the
complete page including inline graphics, stylesheets, etc. In Mozilla
SeaMonkey, for instance, you can use "Save As..." with the "Web Page
(complete)" format choice. Your browser may vary.

--
Dan