Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > allow visitors to simply translate your site to their native language !

allow visitors to simply translate your site to their native language !

martin.benuska@gmail.com

Hello,

qwara.com introduced new interesting functionality. At
http://www.qwara.com/browse you can find interesting free translation
service. If you provide link to www.qwara.com/?i=referer, visitors will
be able to translate content of your site by single click. Qwara.com
does automatically recognize visitors location and according this
information, qwara will automatically translate url contained in the
referer value in the header.

Interesting feature with great potential. Give it a try.

Martin

Jukka K. Korpela

Scripsit http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed):

> qwara.com introduced new interesting functionality.

You're advertizing your own site without saying it honestly. Always a useful
indicator.

> visitors
> will be able to translate content of your site by single click.

"Currently supported languages are:
english, italian, french, german, spanish, portuguese, arabic, japanese,
korean, chinese, russian and slovak."

You can't even write language names correctly (English uses capitalized
names), yet you advertize "translation".

> Qwara.com does automatically recognize visitors location

Oh well, that's a final indicator of bogosity.

--
Jukka K. Korpela ("Yucca")
http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/

Harlan Messinger

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> Hello,
>
> qwara.com introduced new interesting functionality. At
> http://www.qwara.com/browse you can find interesting free translation
> service. If you provide link to www.qwara.com/?i=referer, visitors will
> be able to translate content of your site by single click. Qwara.com
> does automatically recognize visitors location and according this
> information, qwara will automatically translate url contained in the
> referer value in the header.
>
> Interesting feature with great potential. Give it a try.

Your English-to-English translation doesn't even work. For the original
text at www.france.com,

"France.com is your one-stop online location for everything France! If
you need it, France.com truly is "the fastest way to France"! Be sure to
check our forums, featured articles, news, and hotel listings of the
best hotels in France."

your translation comes out as

"France.com is your one-stop online hiring for everything France! Yew
you need it, France.com truly is “the fastest way to France”! Be sour to
check our forums, featured articles, news, and hotel listings of the
best hotels in France."

Evidently your software decided that the original is in French, so it
translated those English words that happen to be spelled the same as
French ones from French to English.

OK, let's try a real translation. The page at
http://support.amen.fr/faq/ says,

"Vous pouvez parcourir notre FAQ selon différentes méthodes :
- En intégralité via les liens HTML ou PDF en haut de cette page (le
format PDF n'est accessible que pour nos clients)
- Via une recherche sur un numéro de question ou bien des mots clés
- En naviguant au sein des rubriques. A tout moment, le bouton 'Retour'
vous permet alors de remonter d'une catégorie, et le bouton 'Début' vous
permet de revenir à la liste initiale des rubriques."

Your translation into English:

"You can traverse our FAQ according to various methods:
- In integrality via bonds HTML or pdf in top of this page (format pdf
is accessible only for our customers)
- Via a research on a number of question or many key words
- While sailing within the headings. Constantly, the button “Return”
then enables you to go up of a category, and the button “Beginning”
enables you to return to the basic list headings."

Just awful.

edgy

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
Qwara.com
> does automatically recognize visitors location and according this
> information, qwara will automatically translate url contained in the
> referer value in the header.

Man, this is one feature that really bothers me on some websites while
traveling the world! I can' remember which big site does this, but i do
remember it being a real pain in the ass sitting in various internet cafes,
airport lounges, etc...

Harlan Messinger

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> Hello,
>
> qwara.com introduced new interesting functionality. At
> http://www.qwara.com/browse you can find interesting free translation
> service. If you provide link to www.qwara.com/?i=referer, visitors will
> be able to translate content of your site by single click. Qwara.com
> does automatically recognize visitors location and according this
> information, qwara will automatically translate url contained in the
> referer value in the header.

Why would you assume that everybody in a location where a given language
spoken needs a translation into that language? Wouldn't you think that
people traveling abroad might need *local* sites translated into *their*
language? How in the world can you make that work for multilingual
countries?