Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Animated gif

Animated gif

mb89

Why in my site

www.torneosegre.3000.it

the animated gif of S.Claus is animated only during the first passage?? Why
in the second passage is it stopped??
Thanks!!

Wil

"mb89" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Zdggh.78975$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Why in my site
>
> www.torneosegre.3000.it
>
> the animated gif of S.Claus is animated only during the first passage??

Why
> in the second passage is it stopped??
> Thanks!!

At my computer, S. Claus keeps passing.

mb89

> At my computer, S. Claus keeps passing.

Yes.... I know that it keeps passing... But i want to know why it doesn't
move while it passes....

Wil

> Yes.... I know that it keeps passing... But i want to know why it doesn't
> move while it passes....

Now I see what you mean. I have no idea. The "marquee" tag seems
to be a problem tag and is not advised to use, nor W3C supported.

cwdjrxyz

mb89 wrote:
> Why in my site
>
> www.torneosegre.3000.it
>
> the animated gif of S.Claus is animated only during the first passage?? Why
> in the second passage is it stopped??

The animation is a 6 frames one, and it is looped only 17 times. After
that, the motion ceases. I downloaded the animation to my computer,
took it to AnimationFactory, and changed it to loop an infinite number
of times. You may copy it from
http://www.cwdjr.net/picmisc/babbonatale2.gif . This likely will clear
up your problem.

At one time, IE supported marquee that you use to move this animation
and a message, and most other browsers did not. However, in checking
your page, I find that the most recent versions of Opera, Firefox,
Mozilla, Netscape, and Seamonkey are all now supporting marquee,
including yours. The old Netscape 4.8, of course, did not support the
marquee. wonder how recently the Mozilla family browsers added marquee
support. I suspect some in this group are thrilled that marquee is now
so widely supported .

Jeff Bowman

"mb89" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Zdggh.78975$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Why in my site
>
> www.torneosegre.3000.it
>
> the animated gif of S.Claus is animated only during the first passage??
> Why in the second passage is it stopped??
> Thanks!!

I'm afraid I don't know the answer to your question, but I -can- tell you
that something on the page is pegging my CPU to 100%.

HTH,
Jeff

--
We're losing America. To see how you can help
get her back, visit www.FreedomToFascism.com.

mb89

> of times. You may copy it from
> http://www.cwdjr.net/picmisc/babbonatale2.gif . This likely will clear
> up your problem.

I've done it.... I've tried it on my pc and it works... But the problem is
that it doesn't work on the web but only on my pc (if i make it start by my
pc)....... Why??

p.S. I'm sorry for my English.... but i am italian.... .....

cwdjrxyz

mb89 wrote:
> > of times. You may copy it from
> > http://www.cwdjr.net/picmisc/babbonatale2.gif . This likely will clear
> > up your problem.

> I've done it.... I've tried it on my pc and it works... But the problem is
> that it doesn't work on the web but only on my pc (if i make it start by my
> pc)....... Why??

I just checked your web page, and the animation now is working
perfectly on the most recent versions of IE6, Opera, Firefox, Netscape,
Seamonkey, and Mozilla I am using a Microsoft XP OS. I have much
memory, since I work a lot with videos. Another person who responded
said the page was using 100% of memory resources, but I do not know
what he is using to view the page. Since you are moving a lot of data
around to move both the animation and the marquee that includes the
animation and text, your page may be very demanding on memory
resources, so this might be part of the problem. In addition you have a
snow effect script that works on IE and Opera, but not the other
browsers. When working, this puts even more demand on memory resources
and computing speed. So if your computer is slower than mine, or has
less memory, that might be part of the problem. Even on my system,
about 100% of resources are used on Opera that shows the snow effect.
On Firefox, that does not show the snow effect, Resources used vary
from about 4% to 40% as the marquee moves across the screen. IE uses
only about 12% of resources. You might try removing the snow script and
see what happens.

> p.S. I'm sorry for my English.... but i am italian.... ....

You write much better English than I write Italian - none, in fact,
except a few wine and food names.

Wil

> I'm afraid I don't know the answer to your question, but I -can- tell you
> that something on the page is pegging my CPU to 100%.

The page needs between 70 and 90 % of my computer's PCU.

Animated gif's, marquee stuff, snow scripts etc...
My advice: keep it simple. Less is more!

rwap

Hmm - the new animated gif works on Opera v9 and Firefox v2 - but alas
not in IE v7 for some reason.

Rich
www.rwapservices.co.uk

Freeware to make animated GIF (can Irfanview make an animated GIF?) Annu Pai Digital Photography 4 11-23-2009 12:52 AM
Animated GIF affected by location.replace =?Utf-8?B?QWw=?= ASP .Net 3 10-21-2004 01:41 PM
reading an animated gif ... =?Utf-8?B?S29lbiBIb29yZWxiZWtl?= ASP .Net 2 10-10-2004 12:37 AM
Animated GIF handling Shabam ASP .Net 0 03-05-2004 11:46 PM
Creating animated GIF dynamically Jeronimo Bertran ASP .Net 1 11-14-2003 03:46 AM

Advertisments