Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Mobile phone RSS feeds

Mobile phone RSS feeds

buch7575@gmail.com

I'm putting together a web site for mobile phones and would like to
include RSS feeds on it. All the RSS feeds I've seen are not formatted
to fit on a mobile screen. The links and short descriptions of the
articles work well, but clicking on a link to read the full article
gets you large graphics, frames, and so on. I'm trying to find some
RSS news feeds where the links and stories are all formatted for mobile
phone screens. Yes I know you can download mobile phone apps that will
format web sites to fit on a mobile screen, but I don't want my users
to have to download anything.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Ed

pangea33

> I'm putting together a web site for mobile phones and would like to
> include RSS feeds on it. All the RSS feeds I've seen are not formatted
> to fit on a mobile screen. The links and short descriptions of the
> articles work well, but clicking on a link to read the full article
> gets you large graphics, frames, and so on. I'm trying to find some
> RSS news feeds where the links and stories are all formatted for mobile
> phone screens. Yes I know you can download mobile phone apps that will
> format web sites to fit on a mobile screen, but I don't want my users
> to have to download anything.
>
> Any suggestions are appreciated.
>
> Ed

What technologies are you using for webhosting and the RSS feed server?
You can make a text only version that is served up either conditionally
based on the browser used, or specifically selected by the user.
e.g."Click here for text only version"

Andy Dingley

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

> I'm trying to find some
> RSS news feeds where the links and stories are all formatted for mobile
> phone screens.

RSS news feeds aren't "formatted", so they are neither formatted for,
not formatted to be incompatible with, mobile device screens. Take the
RSS feed with the content you want and apply your own formatting to it,
probably with XSLT and CSS.