Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > On hover - change image - animated gif

On hover - change image - animated gif

Dave Kelly

Look here first:
http://www.southerncouncilfff.org/LocalClubs.html
On the left menu, notice how the image at the bottom changes when the
cursor hovers over a subject.

Now look here:
http://www.texasflyfishers.org/

Is it possible to have an animated GIF ( 550 x 113 ) violate the
boundaries of the CSS actuated column 1 ( left side ) when someone
clicks on the subject?

Here is the gif I wish to have there.
http://home.earthlink.net/~daveekelly/fishinghat[1].gif

I have no code at present to show you. If you know of a place for me to
go read about this type of thing, I would rather be sent there. If
there is a better newsgroup for this question, please tell me.

TIA
Dave

William Hughes

On Sat, 25 Nov 2006 00:01:25 GMT, in alt.html Dave Kelly
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Look here first:
>http://www.southerncouncilfff.org/LocalClubs.html
>On the left menu, notice how the image at the bottom changes when the
>cursor hovers over a subject.
>
>Now look here:
>http://www.texasflyfishers.org/
>
>Is it possible to have an animated GIF ( 550 x 113 ) violate the
>boundaries of the CSS actuated column 1 ( left side ) when someone
>clicks on the subject?
>
>Here is the gif I wish to have there.
>http://home.earthlink.net/~daveekelly/fishinghat[1].gif
>
>I have no code at present to show you. If you know of a place for me to
>go read about this type of thing, I would rather be sent there. If
>there is a better newsgroup for this question, please tell me.
>
>TIA
>Dave

Take a look at the source code for the Southern Council page. They are
using Java Script and mouseover scripting to accomplish their picture
change.

I don't speak Java, but you can read about the mouseover commands on
the bottom of the page at
http://www.htmlhelp.com/reference/html40/attrs.html

As for an image breaking a boundary, I don't see why not. I've done it
inadvertantly often enough; there ought to be a way to do it on
purpose.

--
William Hughes, San Antonio, Texas: http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
The Carrier Project: http://home.grandecom.net/~cvproj/carrier.htm

Dave Kelly

William Hughes wrote:

> I don't speak Java, but you can read about the mouseover commands on
> the bottom of the page at
> http://www.htmlhelp.com/reference/html40/attrs.html

I will read there. Thanks for the link.

I have the source and that is where I got my idea. I haven't done enough
code to inadvertently done anything and remember it.

> As for an image breaking a boundary, I don't see why not. I've done it
> inadvertantly often enough; there ought to be a way to do it on
> purpose.

Now that I know it has happened, I'll see what large explosions I can
create. Shirley, W3 will protest.

William Hughes

On Sat, 25 Nov 2006 01:19:25 GMT, in alt.html Dave Kelly
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>William Hughes wrote:
>
>> I don't speak Java, but you can read about the mouseover commands on
>> the bottom of the page at
>> http://www.htmlhelp.com/reference/html40/attrs.html

>I will read there. Thanks for the link.
>
>I have the source and that is where I got my idea. I haven't done enough
>code to inadvertently done anything and remember it.

I played with mouseovers once, but decided to go a different route
(see URL in sig).

>> As for an image breaking a boundary, I don't see why not. I've done it
>> inadvertantly often enough; there ought to be a way to do it on
>> purpose.
>>

>Now that I know it has happened, I'll see what large explosions I can
>create. Shirley, W3 will protest.

"FLASH! Amateur webmaster breaks Internet! Entire world in a panic!
Film at 11!"

http://home.grandecom.net/~cvproj/icon/smiley.gif
--
William Hughes, San Antonio, Texas: (E-Mail Removed)
The Carrier Project: http://home.grandecom.net/~cvproj/carrier.htm
Support Project Valour-IT: http://soldiersangels.org/valour/index.html

natashab

H, I'm new to the group and am pleased I have finally come across it.

This question has been bothering me also for some time so hopefully
using the information here I to will be able to sort my problem also.

Thanks
Natasha

William Hughes wrote:

> On Sat, 25 Nov 2006 01:19:25 GMT, in alt.html Dave Kelly
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> >William Hughes wrote:
> >
> >> I don't speak Java, but you can read about the mouseover commands on
> >> the bottom of the page at
> >> http://www.htmlhelp.com/reference/html40/attrs.html

> >I will read there. Thanks for the link.
> >
> >I have the source and that is where I got my idea. I haven't done enough
> >code to inadvertently done anything and remember it.

> I played with mouseovers once, but decided to go a different route
> (see URL in sig).
>
> >> As for an image breaking a boundary, I don't see why not. I've done it
> >> inadvertantly often enough; there ought to be a way to do it on
> >> purpose.
> >>

> >Now that I know it has happened, I'll see what large explosions I can
> >create. Shirley, W3 will protest.

> "FLASH! Amateur webmaster breaks Internet! Entire world in a panic!
> Film at 11!"
>
> http://home.grandecom.net/~cvproj/icon/smiley.gif
> --
> William Hughes, San Antonio, Texas: (E-Mail Removed)
> The Carrier Project: http://home.grandecom.net/~cvproj/carrier.htm
> Support Project Valour-IT: http://soldiersangels.org/valour/index.html

Resize Animated GIF Image D i s h a n Java 9 02-25-2012 03:30 PM
Animated gif image David C ASP .Net 0 12-04-2009 08:16 PM
Freeware to make animated GIF (can Irfanview make an animated GIF?) Annu Pai Digital Photography 4 11-23-2009 12:52 AM
save animated GIF in Python Image Library christof hoeke Python 1 02-24-2004 10:34 PM
Java app displaying animated GIF image, on a Linux System? JW Java 2 12-28-2003 10:22 AM

Advertisments