Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > CSS - Links in H2 Tag

CSS - Links in H2 Tag

Simon Harris

Hi,

Hope this is thr right group for CSS related queries, I know the group name
is alt.html, but I could not see a CSS specific group.

I am trying to set link colours differently than the rest of my page when
they are included in an H2 tag, mainly because my H3 tag has a background
colour, but what I have now shows the links as they are else where, as
defined by my a, a:visited and a:hover tags.

Heres my CSS code...

body {
background-color : #FFFFCC;
font: 8pt/10pt verdana;
}

a {
font: 8pt/10pt verdana;
font-weight : bold;
color : #1E8D00;
}

a:visited {
font: 8pt/10pt verdana;
font-weight : bold;
color : #1E8D00;
}

/* H2 */
h2 {
font: 12pt/14pt verdana;
background-color : #66FF66;
}

h2 a {
color: #000000;
}

h2 a:visited {
color: #ff0000;
}

h2 a:hover {
color: #000000;
}

My links within H2 tags are currently green - Not black as I would expect
from my code.

Any help/advice will be much appreciated.

Thanks!
Simon.

--
-
* Please reply to group for the benefit of all

Els

comp.infosystems.www.authoring.stylesheets

> I am trying to set link colours differently than the rest of my page when
> they are included in an H2 tag, mainly because my H3 tag has a background
> colour, but what I have now shows the links as they are else where, as
> defined by my a, a:visited and a:hover tags.
>
> Heres my CSS code...

[snip code]

> My links within H2 tags are currently green - Not black as I would expect
> from my code.
>
> Any help/advice will be much appreciated.

Any url showing the problem is much appreciated

--
Els http://locusmeus.com/