Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > question about how server access works

question about how server access works

Blinky the Shark

Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
> John Salerno wrote:
>
>> Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:

>>> Are you associated with Company.com Inc of Bethesda, Maryland?

>> No, but I tried going to company.com just now and it didn't work.

> They do have four nameservers listed. Perhaps they have it offline for
> some reason.

I'd say the bigger point is that the web isn't the internet. It's
irrelevant whether they have or don't have a web site; it's still bad
form for him to use their domain name.

--
Blinky RLU 297263
Killing all posts from Google Groups

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

Blinky the Shark wrote:

> I'd say the bigger point is that the web isn't the internet. It's
> irrelevant whether they have or don't have a web site; it's still bad
> form for him to use their domain name.

So eloquent ... for a shark.

--
-bts

dorayme

In article <4550db23$0$26446$(E-Mail Removed)>,
John Salerno <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
> > John Salerno wrote:
> >
> >> To be a little more specific, let's use this made-up URL:
> >>
> >> http://www.company.com/finance/advertising/marketing

> > Are you associated with Company.com Inc of Bethesda, Maryland?

> No, but I tried going to company.com just now and it didn't work.

That's funny. It worked for me. If something works for me, it
should work for everyone. I won't explain.

--
dorayme

Blinky the Shark

Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
> Blinky the Shark wrote:
>
>> I'd say the bigger point is that the web isn't the internet. It's
>> irrelevant whether they have or don't have a web site; it's still bad
>> form for him to use their domain name.

> So eloquent ... for a shark.

And I can cook, too.

--
Blinky RLU 297263
Killing all posts from Google Groups

dorayme

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
Blinky the Shark <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
> > Blinky the Shark wrote:
> >
> >> I'd say the bigger point is that the web isn't the internet. It's
> >> irrelevant whether they have or don't have a web site; it's still bad
> >> form for him to use their domain name.

> > So eloquent ... for a shark.

> And I can cook, too.

Grilled flake anyone?

--
dorayme

Blinky the Shark

dorayme wrote:
> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
> Blinky the Shark <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:

>> > So eloquent ... for a shark.

>> And I can cook, too.

> Grilled flake anyone?

How about some swordfish?

--
Blinky RLU 297263
Killing all posts from Google Groups

dorayme

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
Blinky the Shark <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> >> And I can cook, too.

> > Grilled flake anyone?

> How about some swordfish?

But not quite the same cannibalistic aura to the cooking, surely?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flake_%28fish%29

--
dorayme

Blinky the Shark

dorayme wrote:

>> > Grilled flake anyone?

>> How about some swordfish?

> But not quite the same cannibalistic aura to the cooking, surely?
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flake_%28fish%29

I love shark. I'd never heard of "flake", but I've certainly known
plenty of fish - and humans - that were flakes.

--
Blinky RLU 297263
Killing all posts from Google Groups

dorayme

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
Blinky the Shark <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> dorayme wrote:

> >> How about some swordfish?

> > But not quite the same cannibalistic aura to the cooking, surely?
> >
> > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flake_%28fish%29

> I love shark. I'd never heard of "flake", but I've certainly known
> plenty of fish - and humans - that were flakes.

Like me really, an insubstantial being, prone to forgetfulness,
bumbleheadedness, shallowness, mistakes left right and centre,
sort of empty barrel making big noises. I know what you mean from
personal experience. I like flake fried in a touch of garlic on a
bed of rice (not just any rice). Dum de dumbedy dum as I trip
along light-headed into yet another silly day... think I might
buy some blinkey or dorayme - oops... I mean flake - today for
dinner...

--
dorayme