Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > new HTML HEX color combinations chart

Reply
Thread Tools

new HTML HEX color combinations chart

 
 
Larry
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-02-2006
I've just set up a new HTML HEX Color combinations chart on MuseMixer.

http://www.musemixer.com/HTML-Colors/

Whille I could find lots of nice HTML color charts, I couldn't find
one that showed combinations.
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
richard
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-03-2006

"Larry" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I've just set up a new HTML HEX Color combinations chart on MuseMixer.
>
> http://www.musemixer.com/HTML-Colors/
>
> Whille I could find lots of nice HTML color charts, I couldn't find
> one that showed combinations.


Just for kicks, years ago, I wrote a BASIC program that had a box within a
box and each box randomly changed colors.
Then I added other boxes to really make a show of colors.

You could probably easily do the same thing with php or javascript.

My mother thought that would be a good way to show which colors worked well
with other colors.

Now if you really want to get fancy, have 2 menu boxes where the user enters
hex numbers.
Then show only the 2 hex colors side by side.

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Els
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-03-2006
Larry wrote:

> I've just set up a new HTML HEX Color combinations chart on MuseMixer.
>
> http://www.musemixer.com/HTML-Colors/


Handy
One request though: can you make the hex numbers on the second page
clickable too? Saves going back to the first page to try a new colour.


--
Els http://locusmeus.com/
accessible web design: http://locusoptimus.com/
 
Reply With Quote
 
Brian Cryer
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-03-2006
"richard" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
> "Larry" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> I've just set up a new HTML HEX Color combinations chart on MuseMixer.
>>
>> http://www.musemixer.com/HTML-Colors/
>>
>> Whille I could find lots of nice HTML color charts, I couldn't find
>> one that showed combinations.

>
> Just for kicks, years ago, I wrote a BASIC program that had a box within a
> box and each box randomly changed colors.
> Then I added other boxes to really make a show of colors.
>
> You could probably easily do the same thing with php or javascript.
>
> My mother thought that would be a good way to show which colors worked
> well with other colors.
>
> Now if you really want to get fancy, have 2 menu boxes where the user
> enters hex numbers.
> Then show only the 2 hex colors side by side.


I have something similar to this on the bottom of one of my pages -
http://www.cryer.co.uk/resources/jav...ByColourNumber.
This lets you enter two colours by hex and shows how foreground text in one
colour sits on background text of another.
--
Brian Cryer
www.cryer.co.uk/brian


 
Reply With Quote
 
Els
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-03-2006
Brian Cryer wrote:

> http://www.cryer.co.uk/resources/jav...ByColourNumber.
> This lets you enter two colours by hex and shows how foreground text in one
> colour sits on background text of another.


Works nicely in IE, but doesn't do anything in FF?

--
Els http://locusmeus.com/
accessible web design: http://locusoptimus.com/

Now playing: De Dijk - Slechte gewoontes
 
Reply With Quote
 
Brian Cryer
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-03-2006
"Els" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:gp3wktejppid$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Brian Cryer wrote:
>
>> http://www.cryer.co.uk/resources/jav...ByColourNumber.
>> This lets you enter two colours by hex and shows how foreground text in
>> one
>> colour sits on background text of another.

>
> Works nicely in IE, but doesn't do anything in FF?


Aaarr! or should that be oops!

I'll look into it .. its such an old page there is a lot I need to do to
update it, it still has "font" tags all over it. Well, it won't soon!

Thanks Els.


 
Reply With Quote
 
Els
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-03-2006
Brian Cryer wrote:

> its such an old page there is a lot I need to do to update it, it
> still has "font" tags all over it.


I kept quiet about that, and then you're voluntarily and publicly
admitting that?? <g>

> Well, it won't soon!


Good

--
Els http://locusmeus.com/
accessible web design: http://locusoptimus.com/
 
Reply With Quote
 
Larry
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-03-2006
On Fri, 3 Nov 2006 08:53:26 +0100, Els <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Larry wrote:
>
>> I've just set up a new HTML HEX Color combinations chart on MuseMixer.
>>
>> http://www.musemixer.com/HTML-Colors/

>
>Handy
>One request though: can you make the hex numbers on the second page
>clickable too? Saves going back to the first page to try a new colour.



Good idea, I'm still working on that interface.

Actually, I was thinking of having the accent color hex link to a
third page that would show the primary next to thay accent along with
yet another set of accent colors. Could be useful if you wanted three
colors.
 
Reply With Quote
 
FluffyCat
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-03-2006
On Fri, 3 Nov 2006 10:39:21 -0000, "Brian Cryer"
<brian.cryer@127.0.0.1.ntlworld.com> wrote:

>"richard" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>> "Larry" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> I've just set up a new HTML HEX Color combinations chart on MuseMixer.
>>>
>>> http://www.musemixer.com/HTML-Colors/
>>>
>>> Whille I could find lots of nice HTML color charts, I couldn't find
>>> one that showed combinations.

>>
>> Just for kicks, years ago, I wrote a BASIC program that had a box within a
>> box and each box randomly changed colors.
>> Then I added other boxes to really make a show of colors.
>>
>> You could probably easily do the same thing with php or javascript.
>>
>> My mother thought that would be a good way to show which colors worked
>> well with other colors.
>>
>> Now if you really want to get fancy, have 2 menu boxes where the user
>> enters hex numbers.
>> Then show only the 2 hex colors side by side.

>
>I have something similar to this on the bottom of one of my pages -
>http://www.cryer.co.uk/resources/jav...ByColourNumber.
>This lets you enter two colours by hex and shows how foreground text in one
>colour sits on background text of another.


That's pretty neat. Just shows you how many ways there are to display
color data. Seemed like just a straightforward chart when I
originally thought of creating the page...
 
Reply With Quote
 
dorayme
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-03-2006
In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
"Brian Cryer" <brian.cryer@127.0.0.1.ntlworld.com> wrote:

> I have something similar to this on the bottom of one of my pages -
> http://www.cryer.co.uk/resources/jav...olourByColourN
> umber.
> This lets you enter two colours by hex and shows how foreground text in one
> colour sits on background text of another.


Neat... be nicer still if it the display area could bit bigger
(perhaps a link to where it could be bigger without mucking up
your page).

--
dorayme
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
A real challenge: Create a Gantt-chart-like chart gnewsgroup ASP .Net 4 02-06-2008 02:27 PM
Hex Color Codes - Hex 6 <=> Hex 3 lucanos@gmail.com HTML 10 08-18-2005 11:21 PM
HTML Color Chart humbads HTML 2 03-27-2005 09:34 PM
ASP can generate a chart (pie chart) ? Tarek ASP General 6 11-19-2004 06:33 PM
hex(-5) => Futurewarning: ugh, can't we have a better hex than '-'[:n<0]+hex(abs(n)) ?? Bengt Richter Python 6 08-19-2003 07:33 AM



Advertisments