Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Transitions and Frames?

Transitions and Frames?

Vince Morgan

Hi All,
I've been playing with page transitions and found that I can't
get them to work on pages within frames.
Searching on the subject didn't turn up anything. Do transitions work on
pages that are within frames?
TIA,
Vince Morgan

dorayme

In article <454932ee$0$29330$(E-Mail Removed)> ,
"Vince Morgan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Hi All,
> I've been playing with page transitions and found that I can't
> get them to work on pages within frames.
> Searching on the subject didn't turn up anything. Do transitions work on
> pages that are within frames?

What is a page transition?

--
dorayme

Vince Morgan

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> In article <454932ee$0$29330$(E-Mail Removed)> ,
> "Vince Morgan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > Hi All,
> > I've been playing with page transitions and found that I

can't
> > get them to work on pages within frames.
> > Searching on the subject didn't turn up anything. Do transitions work

on
> > pages that are within frames?

> What is a page transition?

Quote:
content="revealTrans(Duration=3.0,Transition=23)">
content="revealTrans(Duration=3.0,Transition=23)">
I've noticed a couple of sites appearing here and there with the above, or
similar, and wanted to test it out.
Well, my test revealed that I have no idea what I'm doing. I've applied the
above in <head> of a few pages and nothing happens for me. And yet, when I
load a site that uses the same, the pages trasition as they should.
I thought there could be an issue with frames, but further testing shows
it's not working for me on pages without frames.
Thank you for asking Dorayme
Vince Morgan

Andrew Bailey

"Vince Morgan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:4549a5d0$0$16913$(E-Mail Removed) u...
> "dorayme" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> In article <454932ee$0$29330$(E-Mail Removed)> ,
>> "Vince Morgan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>> > Hi All,
>> > I've been playing with page transitions and found that I

> can't
>> > get them to work on pages within frames.
>> > Searching on the subject didn't turn up anything. Do transitions work

> on
>> > pages that are within frames?

>> What is a page transition?

Quote:
> content="revealTrans(Duration=3.0,Transition=23)">
> content="revealTrans(Duration=3.0,Transition=23)">
>

> I've noticed a couple of sites appearing here and there with the above, or
> similar, and wanted to test it out.
> Well, my test revealed that I have no idea what I'm doing. I've applied
> the
> above in <head> of a few pages and nothing happens for me. And yet, when
> load a site that uses the same, the pages trasition as they should.
> I thought there could be an issue with frames, but further testing shows
> it's not working for me on pages without frames.
> Thank you for asking Dorayme
> Vince Morgan

Hi Vince,

My site uses frames and transitions so I compared my code with yours. The
only difference is that I don't use the decimal point for the duration (eg
Duration=3).

See if that does the trick.

Andy

dorayme

In article <SEj2h.54158$(E-Mail Removed)>,
"Andrew Bailey" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> >> What is a page transition?

Quote:
> > content="revealTrans(Duration=3.0,Transition=23)">
> > content="revealTrans(Duration=3.0,Transition=23)">
> >

> My site uses frames and transitions so I compared my code with yours. The
> only difference is that I don't use the decimal point for the duration (eg
> Duration=3).

Either of you have a url so we can see something in action...
oooeee, I do like the sound of "transitions"... sounds graceful!

--
dorayme

Bergamot

dorayme wrote:

> Either of you have a url so we can see something in action...
> oooeee, I do like the sound of "transitions"... sounds graceful!

Thankfully, transitions are an IE-only feature, and one IE users can
disable if they know where to find the setting.

--
Berg

dorayme

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
Bergamot <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> dorayme wrote:
> >
> > Either of you have a url so we can see something in action...
> > oooeee, I do like the sound of "transitions"... sounds graceful!

> Thankfully, transitions are an IE-only feature, and one IE users can
> disable if they know where to find the setting.

ah.... well, I'm unlikely to see it, for now... some multimedia
effect I suppose...

--
dorayme

Vince Morgan

"Andrew Bailey" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:SEj2h.54158$(E-Mail Removed)...

> Hi Vince,
>
> My site uses frames and transitions so I compared my code with yours. The
> only difference is that I don't use the decimal point for the duration (eg
> Duration=3).
>
> See if that does the trick.
>
> Andy

Thanks for the reply Andy,
I tried that too, but it didn't
work unfortunately. What is realy weird is that I opened a page with
transitions that works fine on my machine, copied the source and opened
that, and it still didn't work.
I'm sure it's just something idiotic on my part, which I'll hopefully
discover tomorrow.
Thank you again,
Vince

Vince Morgan

"Vince Morgan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:4549a5d0$0$16913$(E-Mail Removed) u...

Quote:
> content="revealTrans(Duration=3.0,Transition=23)">
> content="revealTrans(Duration=3.0,Transition=23)">
>

> I've noticed a couple of sites appearing here and there with the above, or
> similar, and wanted to test it out.
> Well, my test revealed that I have no idea what I'm doing. I've applied

the
> above in <head> of a few pages and nothing happens for me. And yet, when

> load a site that uses the same, the pages trasition as they should.
> I thought there could be an issue with frames, but further testing shows
> it's not working for me on pages without frames.
> Thank you for asking Dorayme
> Vince Morgan

I didn't realize at first that it was IE specific, but I would like to use
them even if they don't work on all browsers. The tags don't carry much
weight and I imagine they are ignored gracefully by other browsers.
However, where they do work it's quite a practical way to make a smooth
transition from page to page.
Thank you all,
Vince

Vince Morgan

"Vince Morgan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:454932ee$0$29330$(E-Mail Removed) u...
> Hi All,
> I've been playing with page transitions and found that I can't
> get them to work on pages within frames.
> Searching on the subject didn't turn up anything. Do transitions work on
> pages that are within frames?
> TIA,
> Vince Morgan

I forgot to mention that the meta tags are all that's required for
transitions to work. Well, that's the theory, and it seems to work for
everyone but me
Vince