Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Linking to iframe

Linking to iframe

Jonathan N. Little

greencw3 wrote:

> Our high school home page is:
> http://mlec.dadeschools.net/hs/Home%20Page/index2.htm
>
> I don't know which webserver we are using. It resides on a local
> Windows 2003 server, but is likely to be moved to a remote district
> server within the next year or two.

Response Header is:

Server: Microsoft-IIS/5.0
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2006 00:38:02 GMT
Accept-Ranges: bytes
Last-Modified: Fri, 25 Aug 2006 18:49:22 GMT
Etag: "85cdd2e77c8c61:e7a"

So I'd say you're stuck with ASP. I find PHP easier, but unless the move
in the coming year is to a *nix server I'd focus on ASP and not PHP/

> We also have an adult-vocational web site,
> http://mlec.dadeschools.net/index2.html,
> maintained for years by a brilliant man who no longer works for us. We
> have a major upgrade/overhaul ahead of us to integrate the two sites.

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 3.2 Final//EN">

Yep this one ancient, time for some modernization. HTML 4.01 + CSS +
server-side for including parts will be much easier to maintain and
change...

--
Take care,

Jonathan