Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Browsers for testing your web site in?

Browsers for testing your web site in?

John Paul

What browsers do people use to test their web site in?

Thanks,

John Paul.

Ed Mullen

John Paul wrote:
> What browsers do people use to test their web site in?
>
> Thanks,
>
> John Paul.

I use Firefox, SeaMonkey, Opera, and IE.

--
Ed Mullen
http://edmullen.net

Nico Schuyt

John Paul wrote:
> What browsers do people use to test their web site in?

No idea what people use I myself test in Lynx, IE6, FF and ('View->Small
screen') Opera

--
Nico Schuyt
http://www.nicoschuyt.nl/

Spartanicus

"Nico Schuyt" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>No idea what people use I myself test in Lynx, IE6, FF and ('View->Small
>screen') Opera

After what I recently told you, you are now promoting Opera's SSR as a
test method to unsuspecting users without a warning?

--
Spartanicus

Nico Schuyt

Spartanicus wrote:
> "Nico Schuyt" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> No idea what people use I myself test in Lynx, IE6, FF and
>> ('View->Small screen') Opera

> After what I recently told you, you are now promoting Opera's SSR as a
> test method to unsuspecting users without a warning?

It's just what I do until now. But, you're right, I should have mentioned
the limitation of the test.

--
Nico Schuyt
http://www.nicoschuyt.nl/

William Tasso

Fleeing from the madness of the jungle
Ed Mullen <(E-Mail Removed)> stumbled into
and said:

> John Paul wrote:
>> What browsers do people use to test their web site in?

> I use Firefox, SeaMonkey, Opera, and IE.

There are rendering differences between firefox & seamonkey?

--
William Tasso

http://williamtasso.com/words/what-is-usenet.asp

Andy Dingley

Spartanicus wrote:
> After what I recently told you, you are now promoting Opera's SSR as a
> test method to unsuspecting users without a warning?

Do you have a reference to your past comments? I must have missed them.

Nico Schuyt

http://groups.google.nl/group/alt.ht...b9600dc5b0e05a

--
Nico Schuyt
http://www.nicoschuyt.nl/

Jonathan N. Little

William Tasso wrote:
> Fleeing from the madness of the jungle
> Ed Mullen <(E-Mail Removed)> stumbled into
> and said:
>
>> John Paul wrote:
>>> What browsers do people use to test their web site in?

>> I use Firefox, SeaMonkey, Opera, and IE.
>>

> There are rendering differences between firefox & seamonkey?

There use to be between Firefox and Mozilla, but since they upgraded
Mozilla's codebase in SeaMonkey I haven't seen any difference.

--
Take care,

Jonathan
LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com

Joe (GKF)

In article <b4RXg.144737$(E-Mail Removed) >,
> What browsers do people use to test their web site in?

This people checks in IE5,IE6,IE7, Opera9, FF1.5, SeaMonkey1.0.
I sometimes use http://browsershots.org/ too.
I have no idea if I'm typical.